The Pit is short for The Pit of the Bloodweaver. In this game, you play a brave Human soldier exploring a multi-level underground lab facility. The place was built and abandoned years ago by the Bloodweaver, an alien super-genius with delusions of godhood. He was the ultimate mad scientist, and The Pit was his favorite box of tinker toys.
As you break through locked doors, open storage containers, dodge traps and evade security systems, you'll also have to contend a variety of crazy foes. The Pit is full of the mutants, monsters and minions that the enemy left behind.
They're hungry, and you look like lunch.
The Pit: MindGames expands the fun, fast, light-hearted roguelike RPG of Sword of the Stars: The Pit with new playable characters, new monsters, new levels, new weapons and items, and – best of all – psionic powers for you to unleash as you dive ever deeper into The Pit. Incorporating even more of the popular Sword of the Stars universe, the game offers a rich science fiction backdrop and sharp modern gameplay with a playful art style and accessible gameplay that are suitable to a wide audience.
Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames will launch July 1st, 2013 on Steam and other fine digital retailers everywhere.
- 2 New playable characters; the Human Psion and the Tarka Ranger – the first playable alien character!
- 10 New floors of ancient, evil science add to the challenge!
- New room types, including wide, multi-level biospheres!
- New traps, new weapons, new items, and new recipes!
- New game mechanics, including 28 Psionic Powers!
- New Psionic enemies to fight, drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
- 2 New Play Modes; “Infinite Mode” as well as “Seriously? Mode”, for those players that find “Insane Mode” isn’t insane enough!
- Expanded meta-game aspects, including the ability to “bank” XP and spare items from one session and start the next run of the game on a deeper level, using your “banked” equipment.
More articles about Sword of the Stars: The Pit