The planet of Aethereus is an ancient and mysterious world filled with majestic forests, misty swamps, deep caves and ancient ruins.
Devastated by three large astronomical events, the Three Great Skyfalls, it is a world just coming out of chaos and ruin. The recent unearthing of The Gauldron Tablets has revealed the existence of The Seven Ancient Skyfall Relics. The promise of unlimited power for those who possess the objects has led to a frenzied search across all of Aethereus.
As a member of the Nexus City-State, one of the last bastions of freedom and hope on Aethereus, you will be entrusted with the critical undertaking of procuring the The Ancient Skyfall Relics. Standing in your way are the Serpentica Shamans of Ghalia and the hordes of Khagal Tribes they control as well as the oppressive Venatan Empire forces led by the notorious General Zhorgal.
Join forces in online multiplayer cooperative expeditions as the Inventor or Officer while you embark on a variety of story driven hand-crafted expedition levels and explore the wilderness through a variety of procedurally generated exploration quests.
Design and build new gear and weapons while you develop your character across a diverse and expansive skill tree allowing for a multitude of character strategies.
Embark on a variety of story driven hand-crafted expedition levels or explore the wilderness through a variety of procedurally generated exploration quests. Design and build new gear and weapons while you develop your character across a diverse and expansive skill tree allowing for a multitude of character strategies.
"We’re in the final beta push for Legends of Aethereus and are looking to get the word out on the game so we can get to the leading digital distribution platforms, and in turn the audience of dedicated action RPG fans,” said Don Geyer, CEO of ThreeGates. “We’ll be announcing our release date and an exciting distribution partnership we have put in place, in the coming weeks.”
In addition to tuning and tweaking and bug fixes, the current Beta has added a huge number of features including:
- Procedural Quests
- Skill Masteries
- New skills
- Khagal Clans
- New enemies and enemy types
- New armors and components added to Crafting
- New weapon type added (two-handed mace), and new weapon animations
- Lots of new animations, sounds, and materials
- Last Stand Hard-mode implemented
- New Consumables
- New NPCs added both in Nexus and in Ghalia
- Player Apartment
- Player Stats and Achievements
- Nexus customization added.
- MANY new quests, including two new quest lines
- Many new items and icons
- Many new beards, hairstyles and other Character Customizations
- New environments
- Cave systems
- Private chat
- Healthpack added (Press “T” to use)
- New soundtrack add
Legends of Aethereus is also a current Steam Greenlight candidate, so anyone interested in purchasing the game via Steam is encouraged to vote for the game.
Anyone who pre-orders the game can get access to the Beta and start playing in the Aethereus Universe. Legends of Aethereus is currently available for pre-order for $24.99.
- High action RPG with up to four player co-op or single player and a variety of PvP and PvE game types
- Physics-based combat system focused on player control including realistic Shock Force calculations to scatter your enemies. Whether it is from massive explosions or monstrous melee strikes, they are going to fly!
- A wide variety of Officer Skills that allow you to create your own unique strategies from a heroic tank to a stealthy ninja, a few examples of which are: Specialty Melee Attacks, Defensive Emplacements, Carnal Strength, Punji Sticks, Inspiring Chants, Defensive Hymns and Javelins
- The Inventor Skills include powerful explosives and crafty contraptions such as: Bombards, Sticky Bombs, Sachels, Turrets, Chinese Lanterns and Rockets, all of which can be powered by a variety of aethergems (in-game gems) altering their effects
- Create and customize your own character using a dynamic character creator system, then distribute points in a bilaterally balanced attribute system to start down your path to greatness
- Customize your City using the Statue-Maker, Banner Creator, City Painter and other customization features that allow you to personalize your own city environment as well as your player apartment
- Master Craftsman: With a massive crafting and materials system you can forge not hundreds, not Thousands, but literally Millions of different combinations of gear and weapons
- Arena Combat: Invite your friends or enemies to a wide variety of PVP and PVE game types in your own city arena. Unlock new arena maps as well as special features such as: traps, enemy spawners, stationary weapons and cages that you can add to your arena maps or combat training area
More articles about Legends of Aethereus