Ten years ago, Duplex Systems created a game that was built around the concept of player interaction and freedom, owing its limitless potential to the imaginations and passions of the players. Now, Nexeon Technologies aims to take this to the next level, creating something even greater.
Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion is a game about a potential future, far removed from human civilization as we know it. Driven by memories of violence, overcrowding and a depletion of all natural resources, mankind has left Earth to seek out remote locations among the stars to begin anew. All across the galaxy colonies were built, connected through a series of gates referred to as the Vortex Network. From its seat of power in Manhattan, a single government known only as the Dominion controlled all of humanity.
Now the Dominion has fallen and anarchy is soon to spread across the stars. New empires will rise and fall, blood will be spilt, and men will be broken.
What you do with power is your choice to make; your destiny is yours and yours alone to define. Create your own faction and make your mark on the galaxy.
How will you shape the Face of Mankind?
Nexeon Technologies is in the final stretch of its Kickstarter campaign, and while the goal has already been met there are still some stretch gaols that could use some support!
- Open Faction System: Our game is built around player interaction with a strong toolset for players to organize themselves. Any player can create their own faction, and from there the world is theirs to explore.
- No Grinding: While player progression is important, any system that forces players to mindlessly repeat the same task for hours is out of the question. Our game features a time-based skill system, which allows you to simply select the skill you want to progress and continue to play while it progresses.
- No Classes: Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion features a broad skill system, rather than a very vertical one. This means that everything you progress is defined purely by your own interests, without any mechanically defined role telling you what to do. Theoretically, you could even have every skill in the game if you play long enough.
- Player-driven Economy: The economy bends to the players, with all that they do defining the prices and available items. Virtually every item in the game is crafted by players and then auctioned or sold to other players.
- Open PvP / Active Combat System: Not wanting to conform to what everything else on the market is, our core combat system is that of a twitch-based first/third person shooter. Few places in the universe are safe, but we have systems in place to allow users some level of protection. Place a bounty on them if you feel wronged, and someone is sure to exact your sweet sweet revenge.
- Persistent Universe: Our universe is vast, ready for the players to conquer. The game features a persistent universe where everything you do leaves a footprint long after you log off.
- True Weight of Player Actions: Everything you do within the game comes with a consequence. These consequences cannot be escaped, and everything you do leaves a lasting impact on the game world. No argument or friendship will ever go unheard, and every experience will be different than the last.
More articles about Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion