Originally released in 1989 on the Nintendo Entertainment System, Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom and Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara are making a welcome return as Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara.
There’s no need to jostle for position around a cabinet as Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara offers seamless drop-in/drop-out online gameplay in one of two modes. In addition to the classic arcade mode with its branching paths and multiple endings, players can utilize the all new House Rules feature and customize gameplay for a completely different experience.
The new extras don’t stop there. The Character Visualizer lets players track which characters they and their friends use most often and can help create a more balanced multiplayer dungeon party, or point out which characters are most under-used; with further gameplay stats tracked via a global leaderboard.
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara also includes a Challenge system that sets players in-game goals in return for level-ups and coins which can be spent in the Vault: a treasure trove of unlockables and gameplay loot. Finally, owners of the Wii U version will be able to use the GamePad touch screen to select spells and items with ease, allowing for a more streamlined gameplay experience.
- GGPO Enhanced Online With Drop-in/Drop-out Co-Op Play: Community-trusted GGPO powers a smooth online experience that allows up to four players to drop in or out of games in progress at will.
- Classic Arcade Gameplay with a New Twist: Players can enjoy the original arcade modes or mix up the gameplay with House Rules that can completely alter the experience.
- Some examples of House Rules:
- Unbreakable - Equipable items have infinite durability. Never worry about breakage again!
- Enemy Rush - Fight against time in this special Time Attack Mode. Start the game clock with 30 seconds and increase the clock with each enemy you kill!
- Make it Rain – Get rich quick! Enemies and chests drop tons of gold!
- Challenge System: A newly introduced RPG-like system that fits on top of the existing games and provides a myriad of challenges for players to complete. Players can level up and obtain Vault Coins to be used in the Vault.
- The Vault: A treasure trove of unlockables and gameplay loot can be purchased with Vault Coins earned via the Challenge System.
- Character Visualizer: This UI visualizer tracks which characters the players and their friends most often use. Players can utilize the tool to create a more balanced multiplayer dungeon crew, or to see which under-used characters they should try out next.
- Leaderboards & Connected Arcade: Players can track how they stack up against their friends through leaderboards, as well as view a full breakdown of gameplay related stats.
- Wii U Touch Screen Enhancements: Wii U players will be able to select spells and items with ease using the touch screen leading to a seamless gameplay experience.
More articles about Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara