A completely unique gaming experience, HEX: Shards of Fate was created from the ground up as a digital trading card game, free from the restrictions that come from being shackled to physical trading cards. Players will make their way through the dynamic MMO world featuring champions, dungeons, raids, and epic gear. Cards can be found while battling within the world or purchased in 15 card Booster Packs.
The magic of HEX: Shards of Fate comes from the digital nature of the game. Not only are player's in-game avatars able to level up across a range of stats, but the cards themselves have unique attributes as well. Each card has a "double back" which reveals digital challenges and achievements for that card. Cards also have socketed slots for adding gems that fundamentally change how the card plays, allowing players to modify and individualize their collection to suit their play style, with billions of potential results.
Today Cryptozoic wrapped up their first-ever Kickstarter for HEX: Shards of Fate, the world’s first Massively Multiplayer Online Trading Card Game, combining the best elements of MMO persistence and character building with a totally new and unique approach to digital deck building.
When the HEX Kickstarter was launched one short month ago, the original goal was $300,000, a number that Cryptozoic felt was achievable and would bring in enough funding to provide final polish for the game; that goal was achieved in less than a week. As of close for the project today, HEX has raised over $2.2 million, making this one of the most successful video game Kickstarter projects in history.
With the tremendous outpouring of backing from eager fans, Cryptozoic has pledged to add several new features to HEX, including:
- Additional cards for all backers
- A tablet version of HEX
- Additional game features, including enhanced graphic effects, additional cities, quests and a crafting system
- A HEX novel written by a premier fantasy writer
- Digital Trading Card Experience: Have access to your deck from anywhere in the world!
- Unique “Double Back” Cards: Flip your card to see its back; flip it again to see its double back!
- Digital challenges and achievements can evolve a card from a Dragon Egg to a mighty Dragon as it gets used in battle.
- Socketed Cards: Collect gems, and use them to change how cards play and customize your deck. The combinations are endless as you mix and match to create your own perfect combo.
- Transforming Cards: Harness the power of transforming cards, which change mid-match as you play.
- PvP and PvE Gameplay: Play in a variety of different ways against friends! PvE dungeons will include hundreds of Booster Pack cards and customizable character cards.
- Online Play Sessions: With dozens of daily tournaments, on demand 8-player drafts and (potentially) real cash prizes, HEX: Shards of Fateis poised to be the definitive professional online TCG.
Cryptozoic's goal is to have the beta begin in late summer 2013, including Player versus Player (PvP) gameplay, tournaments and the first set of collectable Booster Packs, along with single player arena battles and character modifications. In late fall, Cryptozoic will unleash HEX: Shards of Fate in its entirety, including dozens of Player versus Environment (PvE) dungeons with epic bosses, hundreds of Booster Pack cards and extensive customization elements for characters.
More articles about HEX: Shards of Fate