Citadels sweeps the player away to the legendary world of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. There are, however, dark powers plotting to dethrone Arthur and seize power themselves. A gigantic army of Saxons and Norsemen has already assembled before the very gates of Camelot, ready to attack at any moment. Running out of options, Arthur undertakes a last desperate attempt to defend his kingdom.
Citadels tells a spellbinding story in a time of kings, noble knights, and mighty castles. It offers epic battles with extraordinary characters and numerous tactical options.
The player has the opportunity to construct mighty fortresses and defend them with traps and troops. This is the key to withstanding sieges by opponents armed with a wide arsenal of siege weapons. At the same time, the player has to make sure that production continues and resources keep flowing in. The right balance between economics and fighting is decisive to the outcome of every battle.
Furthermore, the player can choose between several additional game modes, including a sandbox mode and competitive or cooperative multiplayer modes. In the cooperative multiplayer mode, up to four players can go up against computer-controlled opponents on a single map. In this case, allied players have to work together tactically and strategically in order to achieve victory.
- Experience a new take on the legend of King Arthur! A newly adapted story, detailed graphics, and painstakingly designed environments.
- Good or evil? Decide for yourself whether you will fight on the side of Arthur or his enemies.
- Construct impregnable fortresses, and defend them with troops and traps. Your strategy will determine whether you achieve victory or suffer defeat.
- A castle alone does not ensure victory! The right combination of fortifications and units, as well as resource extraction and production, is decisive in determining the outcome of battles.
- Expand your power and your realm, and defend your resources.
- Have legendary characters with individual abilities fighting on your side: Merlin and the Knights of the Round Table support Arthur, while Morgana, Mordred, and other well-known characters fight for the opposing side.
- Epic battles with realistic destruction.
- Various game modes: campaign or sandbox mode, cooperative or competitive multiplayer modes.
More articles about Citadels