To make it happen, the team drew inspiration from various school 3rd person titles we all know and love. Such elements are reinvigorated within a industrial setting full of mad robots, unknown voices and mysterious compounds. It has been a long, two year journey for both the development team, project and its protagonist, H-25 but we are finally there.
Iron Soul takes the players to a near future full of uncertainty and robot-phobia. Before the story begins, something happens to cyber sections of various governments and their army controlled robots. As H-25 awakens, you must help him traverse many dangerous landscapes, solve devious puzzles and most importantly, fight an army of out of control machines. This deadly quest takes you from the secret base H-25 was created in through mountains and finally into the heart of hostile machines.
Crazy floating platforms and unknown voices always threaten and challenge you but don’t fret. This mechanical character has highly advanced protection protocols as well as various maneuvering abilities to help him (you) stop the bot-mageddon. Who knows? Maybe along the way you will find a better understanding of this attack, that voice and a couple of other mysteries as well.
- 2 story-focused campaigns that tell the tale of one robotic invasion as well as the strange interferences our hero and his mentor suffer from during their journey through fallen lands.
- Fluid action controls for battles as well as free character control for tight air jumps both of which are needed to overcome the various shooting, platforming and of course, puzzle solving challenges ahead.
- Uniquely designed enemies that force the player to rethink their strategies before each encounter. They can come from the sky, ground or even under ground. If you want to defeat them, you’ve got to choose your weapon wisely.
- More methodical players can use the free and non-sticky cover system by simply combining crouch and aim keys while the more action minded ones can go and run-n-gun their way through hostile territories.
- Various environments from outdoor valleys to underground military bases have come to life thanks to the power of UDK. The levers are fully optimized and hold many challenges and secrets.
- Full voice acting for all characters... excluding our main hero of course. Afterall, he is supposed to be a silent protagonist.
More articles about Iron Soul