F.E.A.R. Online will focus on several team combat modes spanning over ten ominous maps packed with grotesque details such as still-twitching bodies hanging from meat hooks and messages smeared in blood. The battle rages between Armacham Technology Corporation (ATC) and the elite F.E.A.R. team. F.E.A.R. 3’s unique Soul King mode also makes a return, challenging players to possess enemies for new abilities and collect more fallen souls than their opponents.
The story also continues in cooperative scenarios that detail the terrifying occurrences surrounding the F.E.A.R. team parallel to the events of F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. Up to four players can team up and fight for their lives against both hostile Armacham personnel and hideous monsters lurking around every corner.
“We are thrilled to present the next entry in one of the most popular horror franchises of the last decade,” said Tom Nichols, Vice President of PC Games, Aeria Games. “F.E.A.R. Online will bring back the tense, heart-pounding action that the series is known for and make it accessible to a huge online community of competitive players.”
Brave players can sign up for closed beta now at http://fearonline.aeriagames.com.
- Learn to Fear Again – Make a return to the acclaimed FPS series and immerse yourself in the F.E.A.R. saga’s unique mix of creeping psychological horror, explosive action, and tight, precise shooting mechanics.
- Never Face Fear Alone – The multiplayer combat established as a fan-favorite in previous titles has been expanded and updated for F.E.A.R. Online. Enlist with your team of F.E.A.R. soldiers or Armacham personnel and dominate the competition!
- Fear Takes Many Forms – Choose from a variety of game modes for multiplayer mayhem, including popular and unique modes returning from F.E.A.R. 3. Possess your enemies’ souls and gain their abilities in Soul King, or frantically try to escape an encroaching wall of doom with your team in Escape!
- A New Side of Fear – Witness never-before-seen events in the F.E.A.R. storyline in cooperative scenarios. Up to four friends can brave the darkness and fight for survival against horrific monsters and Armacham soldiers as they discover the fate of the remaining F.E.A.R. squad members parallel to the events of the main story.
- Fear is Everywhere – The bloody conflict rages over many spine-tingling locations. With ten complex maps littered with creepy, gory details, there is no escape from the torturous influence of Alma and Project Origin.
- Fight Fear with Firepower – Make use of materials awarded from playing matches with F.E.A.R. Online’s upgrade system. Combine materials with existing weapons to forge more rare and powerful gear to hold your own against skillful enemy players or bloodthirsty supernatural creatures. Those with the best equipment have the greatest chance of living to Fear again another day!
More articles about F.E.A.R. Online