Play as Daniel Hanson, commander of the first expedition to planet Meridian and uncover the dark secrets it holds! Shape the world around you with every decision you make and through every dialogue with your crew. Meridian: New World offers countless options to devise your own strategy, including various equipment options for your units and special abilities for you to rely upon. Use your abilities anywhere on the battlefield and turn the tide of battle by weakening the enemy troops. Alternatively take the covert approach and sabotage the enemy power supply to shut down their production. You can rely entirely on researching superior weapons or special abilities. Or you can risk building a large economy, constructing a massive army from your enormous resources. The strategy you use and how many troops you sacrifice to reach your goal will influence the attitude of your crew towards you.
A very noticeable fact about the game and its development is that the whole concept, programming and full design has all been done by the single-person development studio Elder Games. Ede Tarsoly, the mastermind behind the game, has put all his heart and dedication into the creation of an outstanding real time strategy experience.
- Traditional RTS gameplay with a focus on strategy - the forceful approach rarely works
- Experience a world of choices where every decision has an impact on the world around you
- Use the right tool to get the job done: equip your units with 15 different weapons
- Gain XP during battle and upgrade your commander profile with special combat abilities
- Get to know the people on board your ship: by talking to them, you influence the crew's behavior
- Including a full level editor and scripting tool used to build the campaign maps will be available
- Never run out of maps with the in-game custom map downloader and official levels released frequently after release
More articles about Meridian: New World