Combat Monsters answers age-old questions like: does 3D make EVERYTHING better? No. Does 3D make card combat better? HELL YES.
In Combat Monsters, the player’s Hero spawns three-dimensional creatures to a large board that serves as the battlefield. Once spawned, each warrior or monster can attack with thrusting and slicing weapons, move about, heal itself or others, or cast devastating spells like the ever-popular fireball – which takes a full health point every turn. When the enemy’s Hero is fatally wounded, the battle is won.
Combat Monsters will follow a “pay what you want” model where players can enjoy a full-featured game for free but opt to invest in new cards and/or more powerful Heroes.
“Every day as I wake up, I ponder over life and the meaning of it all,” said Paul Johnson, managing director and co-founder of Rubicon Development. “Had I been spawning 3D monsters all night and making the enemy cry a single bloody tear after being burned to a crisp, I would instead wake up late in the afternoon – unable to work or do house chores – with a smile on my face.”
Fans interested in supporting Combat Monsters can vote for it on Steam’s Greenlight.
- Play anywhere: Cross-platform play with shared accounts allows for true roaming
- Eliminate the competition ... in 3D: We don’t skimp on dimensions, no sir!
- We have a board: On which your warriors and monsters may move about!
- Flexible multiplayer: "Daily asynchronous" and live online play for up to six players; private or public with matchmaking to prevent unbalanced battles.
- Affordable decks and expansions: Free or almost free—because it’s not 1986 (or even 2006)!
- The taste of things to come is ... sweet: Ambitious future roadmap with trading, sit-and-go constructed and sealed deck tournaments, new races and cards ... and more!
- Monsters for all tastes: 132 unique monsters across 11 races with 50+ unique activated abilities
- Weaponized weapons of war: 70 unique weapons to shred the enemy to pieces
- Armor that keeps you alive longer: 28 sets of armor—and 28 opportunities to survive certain death
- Spellcast like 1969: 42 spells to tilt the battle in your favor
- Celtic cheerleaders: 22 to choose from (runes, that is)!
More articles about Combat Monsters