In Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, the player accompanies the two very dissimilar sisters on a journey to a fantastic world in which the sisters’ different abilities are the key to solving puzzles and defeating terrible monsters. Giana transforms herself with lightning speed to solve puzzles or make use of special abilities. With each transformation, her environment changes too, and only players who skillfully apply the right strategy can complete tricky levels and defeat nasty end-bosses.
Optically and acoustically, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is built on the latest technologies: Vivid colors and astounding graphics, paired with a wonderful soundtrack by Chris Hülsbeck, promise a unique platform game adventure.
Casual gamers will find the new easy mode appealing, while hard core gamers will still be challenged by Hardcore and Uberhardcore game modes. Giana Sisters for Wii U also utilizes Wii U GamePad as a mobile playing device.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams will be released in Nintendo’s eShop on August 22nd (USA still to be confirmed) for 14.99€.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Wii U Features:
- Mobile – fully playable on the Wii U GamePad.
- Casual welcome – New easy mode for casual gamers. Hardcore and Uberhardcore Mode still supported.
- Challenging Levels – Discover three distinctive worlds with 23 challenging levels. Each one transforms from fluffy nightmare to spooky dream by a push of a button.
- Personal Style – Whether you like speed run through each of the amazing levels or take your time exploring even the last secret of Giana's dreams. It's up to you.
- Lush graphics – Detailed landscapes morph from lush, colorful surroundings to surreal, spiky nightmare worlds. It doesn't matter how often you'll see it, you'll detect new details every time.
- Amazing puzzles – Blocked pathways open up when Giana transforms: pretty flower beds mutate to thorn covered bushes and diamonds can only be collected in one form or the other.
- Legendary Soundtrack – listen to Chris Hülsbeck's tunes changing from Chiptune to the metal riffs from SID-Rockers Machinae Supremacy.
- Epic battles – from vicious gargoyles to magnificent boss-monsters. You'll need every trick in your sleeves to master all the challenges that lie ahead of Giana.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord features seven newly designed levels, an owl new boss level and more tracks from Chris Hülsbeck, Fabian del Priore and Machinae Supremacy.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord Features:
- More Levels – Seven new levels set in an exotic above the clouds setting.
- More ease of play – New tutorial level to help beginners to get started.
- More Story - New narrative loading screens.
- More Sound – additional tracks from Chris Hülsbeck, Fabian del Priore and Machine Supremacy.
- More collectibles - 19 New achievements and gallery items to collect.
- Meet the new Boss - the mysterious Owlverlord, commandeering his army of minion owls aboard a flying fortress in the skies.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord will be available for $4.99 (4,99€) in September 2013 on Steam, followed by a DRM free version shortly after.
This additional adventure is free for all backers of the Project Giana Kickstarter who pledged 25$ or more for Giana.
There will also be a new reward pack for Project Ravensdale: Every backer who pledged $15 or more to Project Ravensdale will get the new adventure in GSTD - Rise of the Owlverlord for free.
- Challenging levels: Discover three distinctive worlds with a total of 23 levels, which can be transformed from a colorful dream to an eerie nightmare at the push of a button.
- Personal style: Regardless whether you dash through the levels in speed-run or take your time to explore every last corner, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams offers something for everyone.
- Superb graphics: Dreamlike landscapes transform themselves from lush, resplendent surroundings into surreal, withered nightmare worlds, in which there are always new details to discover.
- Intriguing puzzles: Blocked paths open up when Giana transforms herself; lovely flowerbeds mutate into deadly thorn bushes, and some diamonds can only be gathered in one form or the other.
- Diverse playing modes: The game is challenging in normal mode, but it can be a truly harrowing experience in hardcore and super-hardcore modes.
- Legendary soundtrack: Listen to Chris Hülsbeck’s music as it transitions from the classic chiptunes to the metal riffs of the Swedish SID-rockers, Machinae Supremacy.
- Epic boss-battles: Whether devilish demons or powerful end-bosses, you will need every trick in your arsenal to defeat your opponents.
More articles about Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams