In the game, players choose a Warhammer 40,000 race and fight directly as one of their warriors in massive conflicts for territory. It will be up to each faction’s community to determine their own destiny as they vie for control of an entire planet.
Eternal Crusade's combat is fully action-based, meaning that you hit exactly where you shoot or swing and it's up to your skill whether you pull off a headshot or block that incoming chainsword. In addition, gamepads will be fully supported.
Both ranged and melee weapons have equal emphasis – as in the iconic battles of Warhammer 40,000, combat begins at a distance with guns and heavy vehicle-mounted weaponry before progressing to bloody blade-on-blade action with brutal executions.
In order to let a massive number of players meet in a shared environment, Behaviour Interactive has decided to power its most anticipated game using PikkoServer. This technology is the same one that MuchDifferent used to set a record breaking 1,000 players in a single game environment.
According to Stephen Mulrooney, Behaviour Interactive’s Executive Technical Director, “MuchDifferent offers a level of game server scalability for massively multiplayer online games that no one else can. With PikkoServer we’ll be able to meet the Gaming community’s expectations and more simultaneous players”.
Christian Lönnholm, CEO of MuchDifferent is “very excited that Behaviour will be using PikkoServer to deliver a world class multiplayer experience.”
This first partnership is a new step towards Behaviour Interactive’s vision of making a game which will stand out both by its gameplay and its ability to gather the Gaming community around the project. Miguel Caron, Behaviour Interactive Online’s Head of Studio is already picturing this new range of possibilities as he invites the community to “Imagine seeing 500 Space Orks running towards you shouting Waaagh! While you and 499 of your Space Marines friends get ready to defend your Forteress!! I know I can!!!’’
- Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind the shoulder action featuring precision gunplay and brutal melee combat with excruciating finishers;
- Participate in a persistent online war to conquer the planet, its fate completely in the hands of the players;
- Become a warrior from one of four initial factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks and Eldar.
- Participate in truly massive conflicts that simultaneously bring thousands of players to bear over territories and other strategic resources.
- Get behind the controls of Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Ork Battlewagons and other iconic vehicles of the 41st millennium;
- Hack through genuinely challenging procedural content alongside your battle-brothers and never have the same experience twice;
- Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for conflict from your customized shared space in orbit – then drop down to the planet together and seek out glory!
More articles about Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade