In single-player, gamers will experience huge environments, a playground of destruction, access to an arsenal of vehicles and the ability to direct squad mates. Taking a page from the social aspect of multiplayer gaming, the single-player mode will now track players’ progress, adding an element of persistence and friendly competition to the campaign.
The world is on the brink of chaos, China is the tinderbox and you and your squad are the inadvertent spark that could ignite a global conflict. This is Battlefield 4. As Sergeant Daniel Recker, you play as a member of an elite group of unlikely heroes known as Tombstone squad, navigating the turmoil around you as you fight to save the final hope for peace.
Battlefield 4 Premium members will receive five themed digital expansion packs: Battlefield 4 China Rising, Battlefield 4 Second Assault, Battlefield 4 Naval Strike, Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth and Battlefield 4 Final Stand; and will also be granted two-weeks early access to each. With Battlefield 4 Premium, DICE will serve upweekly content and unique personalization options so players can dominate the battlefield in style.
“Fan reaction to Battlefield 3 Premium has been nothing short of amazing. We are humbled to see more than 4 million people join in,” said Patrick Bach, Executive Producer, Battlefield 4. “With Battlefield 4 Premium we continue to roll out the red carpet, treating our fans like VIPs with a massive amount of new gameplay, exclusive new content and even more benefits at an incredible value.”
Battlefield 4 Premium membership includes five digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
- Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
- Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
- Priority position in server queues
- New content every week
- 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks
- Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4.
Battlefield 4 Battlepacks add an all-new layer of persistence and an exciting element of chance to the multiplayer progression system in Battlefield 4. Through the course of a player’s multiplayer career, they will receive packs containing random combinations of new camos, dog tags, knives, XP boosts, and gun attachments. In addition to what players will earn in-game through normal play, Battlefield 4 Premium members will receive the 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks.
The Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta will start in early October and will be exclusive for Battlefield 3 Premium owners, those that pre-ordered Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe, and owners of Medal of Honor Warfighter Digital Deluxe and Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition for three days. Following that, DICE will host an open beta for all gamers worldwide and will feature the Siege of Shanghai map on the popular Conquest mode. Players will experience the next level of all-out warfare with a new design concept called Levolution, which creates a dynamic environment that reacts to the player’s every move to ensure no two games are alike. The Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta will be available for the X360, PS3 and PC.
More articles about Battlefield 4