Fans will get their first glimpse of the expansion pack when it makes its public debut at PAX Prime in booth #3636, August 30 – September 2. The extensive demo will present in-depth game play with the first two announced warriors—the notorious Spartan and Samurai. Players can join the beta soon to experience combat of all five new warriors with a variety of new modes and lush new environments. The complete expansion pack will be unleashed this Fall for $14.99 on Steam. The base Chivalry game is available now for $24.99.
“We are very excited to expand upon the foundation of Chivalry and bring dynamic melee combat to all new eras. For us it is an opportunity to explore completely new warrior types, environments and weapons and add them to the already expansive Chivalry content while still supporting the base game,” says Steve Piggott, president of Torn Banner Studios. “The Deadliest Warrior show asks one core question – if the greatest warriors from throughout history fought it out, who would win? Now we are bringing that decision to gamers as they get to vote for their faction with the swing of their sword, determining once and for all who is deadliest!”
Dan Yang, General Manager of 345 Games adds: “We’re excited about pairing the unique concept of Deadliest Warrior with a game that offers such a rich combat experience. Our console games have provided fans of Deadliest Warrior with hugely entertaining single-player action in arena-based battles. This expansion pack allows us to inject the Deadliest Warrior conflict into an entirely new multi-player, multi-era world to create the only first-person slasher of its kind. We’re certain the resulting combat will be as intense as the warriors themselves.”
Put every match-up to the test and determine once and for all, who is the deadliest warrior.
- Game Modes
- Mixed Team Death Match: Mix and match warriors to create extraordinary teams and unique battle situations with up 64 players on the battlefield at once.
- Faction Battle: Set up grudge matches between two warrior factions with only one warrior type per team. Players vote on the scenario for the next battle at the end of each match.
- Warrior Duel: Select your warrior and challenge a single enemy to one-on-one combat in this comprehensive duel mode.
- Free for All: Fight for your own glory in a free-for-all where warrior fends for themselves. No teams. No alliances. Full-on mayhem.
- Custom Battles: Server side options allowing you to create custom battles with any number of teams and any number of factions or mixed teams allowed.
- Mode Customization
- Multi-Team: Add more chaos to every game mode, with up 6 teams competing for victory in a single match.
- Capture the Flag: Add this mini-game to modes to slash your way to victory while trying to steal the flag and plant it in the enemy’s base.
- Elimination: Remove the ability to re-spawn, raising the stakes of each battle.
- Leaderboards and Stats
- Track the best players in the online community and monitor personal stats, including number of kills, most successful warriors and most effective weapons. Compete for glory on the globally ranked leaderboards that reflect weekly and all-time stats and enable players to determine who is deadliest.
- Stunning New Environments
- Go to battle in six all-new expansive environments. Each new map immerses you in surroundings authentic to each warrior’s origins.
Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior will be available for $14.99 on Steam and look out for the beta, coming soon. The base game is available now for $24.99.
More articles about Chivalry: Medieval Warfare