Black Talons allows the player to manage a whole army with ground soldiers, mechs and a battlecruiser as the base of operations. You will have to fight either in a war of conquest and survival through the galaxy, and also be very careful to protect your reputation. Local factions may join your side recruiting new forces on your army and trading benefits, or become hostile which means... well, serious trouble.
Lead your troops, fight your enemies, forge alliances. Watch your back. Survive.
Developer Camel 101 has launched a Kickstarter campaign and it looking for $100,000 to complete their game.
The funds will be used to cover the development expenses of the game, ensuring that we're able to keep our view on the design and vision of the game without outside interference. This means covering the expenses of programming, art (2D & 3D), production, audio and QA.
There’s already been extensive work of pre-production, where we outlined and designed the whole project: graphical assets, timings, levels, gameplay mechanics – everything that is needed to successfully complete the game.
- Persistent and customizable squads.
- Deep campaign mode. The actions of the player directly affect the balance of power on the system. There is one main objective to achieve, but there's much more to do.
- Customizable Battlecruiser. The Battlecruiser serves as the base of operations, and can be customized with weapons or infrastructures that will boost the squad numbers, teleport soldiers or even bombard the battlefield.
- Faction relations. There are a number of neutral minor factions in the game. These factions will have missions available for contract work. When the player completes missions for a certain faction, the relations will improve with that faction. On the other hand, completing missions against a faction will lower the relations with it. Having good relations allows the player to train or buy units unique to that faction. Having bad relations will make that faction randomly attack the player during missions.
- Upgradeable and unique (per class) skill tree for all units
- 5 worlds with different environments and weather conditions that directly affect the battle: rain, fog, snow, ionstorms and more insane stuff.
- Different unit classes with specialized roles: Recon, Tactical, Assault, Support, Engineer. Each class can carry a different set of weapons and has its own abilities. Powerful mechs can enter the battlefield with salvaged or bought equipment and weapons.
More articles about Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons