Forza Motorsport 5 is a cinematic automotive journey starring the world’s greatest cars and tracks. Built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox One and the vast power of the cloud, no game better delivers the wide-eyed thrill of racing.
Without cars, there would be no Forza Motorsport and Forza Motorsport 5 is the ultimate showcase for some of the most exquisite cars in the world. Starting today, and continuing every Wednesday through November, the Turn 10 Studios team will update the Forza Motorsport 5 Showroom, a go-to-guide to keep fans up-to-date on all of the latest car announcements for Forza Motorsport 5.
Included in each week’s update will be profiles and exclusive assets for some of the community’s favorite vehicles, some of which will make their debut, and all of which will make their appearance in Forza Motorsport 5.
This Week’s Car Announcements
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR
When Mitsubishi designed an all-new Lancer, the basis of the Evolution X, they built a healthy dose of pure aggression into the bodywork. This suits the Evo just fine, as it’s been beefed up in the performance department too. The heart of the matter is the new 2-liter turbo-charged four cylinder that uses an aluminum block for the first time in an Evo, which saves an important 26 lbs. even with the addition of features like dual variable valve timing and a timing chain. In addition to saving weight, the new engine makes even more power, a total of 295 horsepower. But that’s not all—aluminum also finds its way into the body of the Evo, and less weight and more power necessarily equals better performance. The overall impression the Evo leaves you with is that it could tackle any corner you can throw at it, and this is an impression borne out by the experience behind the wheel.
2009 Zonda Cinque Roadster
Pagani didn’t mess with a successful formula with the release of a Zonda Cinque Roadster, retaining all of the distinctive Zonda elements you know and love and improving them—and then lopping off the top. Although it’s street legal, it’d be unfortunate to mar the lower carbon fiber bodywork on a speed bump, because even with suspension that can lift up the nose in just such a circumstance the Cinque is still ludicrously low. If you do snag the front spoiler, good luck finding a spare: in case the name of this Pagani didn’t tip you off, only five Cinques will be made, and they’re each eye-wateringly expensive. As much an engineering masterpiece as a stunning performer, this rare Zonda is surely one of the most unique supercars ever produced.
2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
As the penultimate edition of the “R34” series Skyline GT-R, and in fact, as one of the last of the traditionally inline-six powered Skylines, the V-Spec II is destined to be a collectible. The V-Spec II (the “V” stands for “victory,” by the way) comes with all of the goodies that the original V-Spec had, but it’s even harder-edged thanks to increased stiffness and lighter weight (primarily due to a special carbon fiber hood, spotted at a distance by the small NACA duct). With well over 300 horsepower, the GT-R is not only quick, it’s very much so—particularly in poor traction situations where the all-wheel drive system comes into the fore.
In addition to the cars listed above, the following cars are hereby officially announced as part of Forza Motorsport 5 in this week’s edition of The Forza Motorsport 5 Showroom:
- 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
- 2013 Ford Focus ST
- 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
- 2012 Scion TC
- 2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8
- 2011 Kia Cee'd
- 2005 TVR Sagaris
- 1965 Alfa Rome Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
- 1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
- 1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
- 2009 Ferrari California
- 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R
- 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
- 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata
- 2010 Maserati GranTurismo S
- 2003 Toyota Celica SS-I
- 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing Coupe
- 1971 AMC Javelin-AMX
- Never race alone. By learning how you and your friends drive, the power of the cloud delivers real human behavior. Drivatar technology creates an ever-evolving network of opponents who are always ready to race. Real tendencies, real mistakes, real victories.
- Rivals everywhere. Every corner a new challenge, every event a new chance to win. Compete against your friends’ top times in rotating challenges for in-game credits and bragging rights.
- Fast and fair multiplayer. With Smart Match matchmaking and Xbox Live dedicated servers, experience epic, fast and competitive multiplayer perfectly suited to your skill and style.
- Curated customization. The power of the cloud means the best custom content now finds you. With a system that learns your preferred cars and paint schemes, seamlessly experience the most compelling user-generated content available.
- Your ever-growing garage. Your automotive journey continues long after launch. Download, drive and explore the most anticipated new cars in the world, months before they hit the showrooms, then challenge your friends in continuously updated online race events.
- Unprecedented visual realism. The definitive next-generation graphics engine delivers stunningly realistic visuals in 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second.
- Leading simulation. Racing’s leading simulation engine, developed for Xbox One in conjunction with Calspan and the world’s top automotive manufacturers, makes driving easy to learn and rewarding to master.
- Dynamic damage. High-resolution damage modeling shows every bump and scrape. Roads accumulate tire rubber and debris. Racing has consequences; damage can stop you in your tracks.
- Astonishing detail. A new graphics engine created exclusively for Xbox One delivers physically based material rendering that re-creates the real-life characteristics of thousands of unique materials. Surfaces such as metal, glass, leather, rubber and concrete look real enough to touch.
- Living busy worlds. Racing comes alive with fans crowding the walls, helicopters circling overhead and the vibrant hum and spectacle of race day. Your ultimate car fantasy
- Forzavista. Truly feel what it’s like to own the world’s most exclusive cars in an experience that brings you closer than ever to the history, craftsmanship and potential of every car in the game.
- Hundreds of next-generation cars. The most diverse lineup of vehicles ever seen in a “Forza Motorsport” game: from classic sports cars to modern tuners, purpose-built racers to extreme exotics and, for the first time in “Forza Motorsport,” open-wheel race cars.
- Unique careers. Take your favorite cars through unique careers highlighting their greatest strengths, their most notorious rivals and their place in motorsport history.
- Laser-scanned tracks. Drive the world’s most legendary race circuits and exotic road courses, captured with millimeter accuracy.
- “Top Gear” exclusives. The world’s biggest automotive TV show teams up with the most innovative racing game yet. Take on Stig’s Digital Cousin in unique car challenges, turn a Power Lap on the Top Gear Test Track, and hear show hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May share their distinctive automotive insights throughout the game.
More articles about Forza Motorsport 5