Insurgency is a hardcore multiplayer experience which deploys players into a squad-based shooter reliant upon strategic teamwork to gain victory in close-quarters combat. In an FPS market packed with blockbuster titles, Insurgency distills the genre down to its essence. Gamers must hone their skills to master the robust, high-quality gun mechanics, while coordinating suspenseful attacks upon their enemy.
“We’ve gained tremendous feedback from our community during early access, and in the process have grown accustomed to providing frequent updates to the game based on user experience,” said Jeremy Blum, founder and game director of New World Interactive. Blum was instrumental in the success of the award-winning mods Red Orchestra and Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat.
“Insurgency is an evolution from the original mod experience, to finish what we started,” said designer Andrew Spearin, who co-founded Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat. “We have created an experience gamers can’t find with any other game. It’s a gritty representation of contemporary conflict, where every life and bullet counts. To win, the difference factor typically comes down to the team with the most communication and superior tactics, not just who has the twitchiest mouse.”
- Intense 32-plus player online action with a focus on teamwork
- Customizing the game’s arsenal to player’s preferred style
- Choosing from three unique classes that affect movement on the battlefield
- Highly immersive audio with 3D VOIP to coordinate with and track other players
- Playing the most popular maps and game modes, and helping the development team prototype new ones
More articles about Insurgency