Developed as an homage to the hardcore platformers of yesteryear, Blood of the Werewolf harkens back to a time where perseverance and dedication were the hallmark traits of arcade and console players; a time when games dished out unrelenting savagery on player characters, but were met by the stalwart resolve of an entire generation. Blood of the Werewolf focuses on the precision, memorization and timing aspects of games that have taken the back seat for far too long. Simply put, Blood of the Werewolf seeks to put the “game” back in video games with challenging gameplay and rewarding results in the quest for mastery.
Blood of the Werewolf centers on Selena, a woman leading a dual life as a loving wife/mother and one of the last werewolves alive. Her husband murdered, her child kidnapped, Selena sets out with nothing more than a crossbow and a thirst for vengeance. Traverse ten exciting levels and five boss battles as you seek out your son, held captive by the one and only Dracula. Experience dynamic gameplay using Selena’s crossbow to thwart enemies from a distance, while bringing the fight up close and personal in werewolf form – instantly transforming by the light of a full moon. Full air controls add to precision jumps – with a special double jump for werewolves only. Fully upgradeable weapons and hundreds of hidden collectables await you along your journey. Discover ancient talismans to unlock the true power and potential of your werewolf abilities. Online leaderboards track your best time, number of deaths and level ranks to support bragging rights and competition with friends. Don’t forget to keep your eye out for fireflies; they often lead to special hidden surprises!
Blood of the Werewolf is ready to transform onto consoles with fresh content for its debut. New game mode ‘Endless Challenge’ pits players against procedurally generated, increasingly difficult gauntlets for limitless runs to sharpen the player’s skills and compete on leaderboards.
Originally scheduled for Q1 2014, the console editions of Blood of the Werewolf have been pushed back.
- Experience a rich, in-depth Story Mode featuring 30+ creatures, 15 button-grinding levels to master and five heart-pounding boss arenas
- Test your skills in additional challenge modes including Score Rush and Speed Run Mode
- Shift instantaneously between human and werewolf when in view of a full moon
- Hardcore, classic gameplay with a modern twist; pressure sensitive, full air controls for precision moves
- Head online to view leaderboards and level / checkpoint split times for live feedback on your time
- Unlock a bevy of achievements that will push you to the limit of your abilities
- Upgrade weapons and wolf powers for the edge you need against the monster onslaught
Uncover hundreds of collectibles and hidden items throughout the game
Blood of the Werewolf, rated T for Teen, is currently available on Steam for PC ($9.99).
More articles about Blood of the Werewolf