“I wanted to play a MOBA where I could totally customize how my hero looked and, more importantly played, but I couldn’t find one,” explains Stefan Ljungqvist, developer at the Stockholm based studio.
“Talking to friends, I realized I wasn’t the only one wanting this, so we decided to make it. Also, this was our chance to make a darker themed MOBA for hardcore gamers like ourselves and bring in some additional RPG gameplay features.” The response from Deadbreed’s weeks old Steam Greenlight campaign and community feedback indicate that many gamers seem to agree.
“After a decade of making triple A action console games, it feels good to return to your roots,” continues Stefan, who also has a background as a pen-and-paper RPG and miniatures games designer. “It feels great to make monsters again!”
Deadbreed is currently accepting sign-ups for its upcoming closed Beta and is available for PC.
- Tactical 3vs3 battles online versus players or AI combatants.
- Choose your hero from a wide range of night-, half- and daybreed. Each hero has its own unique set of special abilities and plays differently depending on the way you equip them!
- Heroes level up with matches – Earn experience to rank up the heroes you favor.
- Artifact Items level up and wear down with matches – Earn experience to unlock upgrades and crafting relic slots for your artifacts.
- Summon totem creatures to aid you in battle.
- A team chosen Sentinel becomes the endgame bossfight challenge. The outcome of each match change your status with the Sentinels and affect their power.
- Maps have customizable options like Dungeons, side- and PvP-Quests.
More articles about Deadbreed