- Phase 1: February 22nd to March 3rd.
- Phase 2: April 4th to April 7th.
- Japanese Standard Time assumed for all dates.
- The beta will be accessible for everyone with a PS4, and directly downloadable from PlayStation Store.
- There will be a character wipe after phase 1.
- Players who made their character in beta phase two will be able to bring this data to the retail version.
- PS3 and PC players of FFXIV will be able to transfer character data to the PS4 (please note that this is only necessary for the beta — in the retail version, all players will play on the same servers).
The PS3 to PS4 transfer service is scheduled to begin Friday, April 11th, 2014. Please be aware that after transferring to the PS4 you’ll be unable to play the PS3 version using your existing copy. Users who wish to play using both the PS3 and PS4 are required to purchase the PS4 version separately. Users who own multiple service accounts for the PS3 can transfer all accounts to the PS4. Users transferring their accounts will have access during the early access period, scheduled from April 11th to the 13th. Please note: to transfer your PS3 account, you must have logged into it from a PS3 at least once.PS4 features
- Upgraded graphics on the PS4 in glorious 1080p (see trailer).
- PS Vita Remote Play — craft, gather, and play wherever you go.
- Share-support — stream your gameplay or share screenshots.
- Mouse & Keyboard Support — switching over from a PC? No problem!
- Touchpad-Support — the touchpad of Dualshock 4 is fully supported.
More articles about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn