Hegemony Rome brings the past alive like no other real time strategy game, as you manage your armies and manipulate your enemies in a beautifully drawn simulation of 1st century BC warfare. Bring all of Gaul under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. Or, in the sandbox game, unite the Gallic tribes and end the threat of Roman rule forever.
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar takes you to the plains and forests of ancient Gaul where the proconsul Julius Caesar will wage a decade long war to subjugate the barbarian hordes that so often threatened the Eternal City and establish a power base for his political ambitions at home. Like Hegemony Gold, Rise of Caesar will immerse you in the history like no other real time strategy game on the market, forcing you to pay close attention to the changing seasons and a rapidly changing military situation.
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar is now available to play via Steam Early Access at a reduced price of £19.99/€24.99/$24.99.
- New Larger Map that covers a million square miles from the shores of Britain to the beaches of the Mediterranean. The new graphics engine renders this territory in amazing detail, using SpeedTree technology to capture the wild lands of Gaul, with foreboding forests and mighty rivers.
- Build Your Empire with new buildings including the famous Roman camps, forts and bridges – the feats of engineering that made Roman ingenuity as powerful a tool of conquest as Roman steel. Wood is added as a crucial resource in your economy; without it, your invasion will come to a speedy conclusion.
- Promote Your Legions as they gain experience and valuable skills, upgrading each unit with the talents they need to perform the tasks that the proconsul demands of them. Appoint governors from your followers to watch over cities and introduce Roman rule to a new province.
- Starve Your Enemies with new improvements to Hegemony's already celebrated logistics model. Protect your supply lines and plan sieges in a way that weakens any enemy foolish enough to depend only on city walls for victory.
- Improved graphics engine – Hegemony Rome supports 10x the terrain detail over previous installments and features a diverse and immersive landscape to explore.
More articles about Hegemony Rome: Rise of Caesar