Featuring the deepest set of game modes ever in an EA Sports tournament title, all new gameplay innovations and improvements, and a rich presentation that captures the color and vibrancy of Brazil, EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil will put fans in control of their nation’s fate.
EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil features multiple innovations and improvements to the gameplay of EA Sports FIFA 14, putting players in control of their nation’s fate. From the ability to accelerate, decelerate, and change direction quickly on and off the ball with Explosive Movement, to the new World Class Control feature that uses Response Dribbling and Pinpoint Passing, fans will feel the athleticism and skill of their national football heroes. And one hundred new animations, including passing, saves, and penalty kicks, help play on the pitch explode with the drama and unpredictably of the official tournament.
With 203 national teams, 7,469 players, 19 officially licensed managers, and 21 new stadiums including all 12 authentic stadiums from Brazil, the 2014 FIFA World Cup comes to life with more detail and authenticity than ever before. Feel the support of a nation with all-new crowd scenes including banners, flags, and seat cards in the stadium, and from Live City events in all corners of the globe. Score a goal with England and see fans react live from the center of London.
Now everyone has a chance to write football history.
In Road to the FIFA World Cup players can choose from 203 national teams and play with one to 32 players locally through the qualifying rounds, and on to the group stages of the FIFA World Cup. Along the way, fans can get tournament updates from EA Sports Talk Radio, featuring Ian Darke and Andy Goldstein, or Roger Bennett and Michael Davies (Men in Blazers), with over 50 hours of recorded content to stay up to date on all the action. For those who want to celebrate the tournament online, Road to Rio de Janeiro is an all-new mode that lets players win their way across a map of Brazil’s 12 host cities in licensed and authentic stadiums.
In addition EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil will also feature
- Captain Your Country— EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup marks the return of one of the most popular FIFA game modes of all time. Start from the bottom, work your way up the squad list and eventually lead your country through qualifying, and on to the FIFA World Cup. A brand new auto-positioning system makes the mode accessible to new players.
- Road to Rio de Janeiro (online) – Players progress across a map of Brazil’s 12 host cities in licensed and authentic stadiums. Compete in Online Stages with any of the 203 National Teams to advance, remain in a city, or be relegated. Win the final of 12 stages to hoist the FIFA World Cup Trophy at Estadio do Maracana in Rio.
- Online FIFA World Cup – Compete in the Group Stage and World Cup Finals. Win seven games in a row against online competition to hoist the coveted FIFA World Cup trophy.
- Story of Qualifying – Play over 60 real scenarios that the world witnessed during the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying stages.
- Story of Finals (online) - Activated at the beginning of the tournament and updated throughout, play challenges based on the narrative of the day’s events.
- Additional Modes – 2014 FIFA World Cup, Kick Off, Skill Games, Online Friendlies, EA Sports Football Club.
Fans eager for their moment of glory on the world’s biggest sports stage can pre-order the game now to receive exclusive game content including new celebrations, historic adidas game balls, and more.
- World Class Control — Control the ball in possession with an all-new control system using:
- Response Dribbling - Turn quicker at every angle and keep the ball under control. Using the left trigger, fans will find success beating opponents at slow speeds with the new dribbling system. Plus, use all-new new flicks, dribbles, and a new Brazilian-inspired skill move to beat defenders.
- Pinpoint Passing - Key passing improvements and new animations result in crisper, more accurate, direct, and responsive passing. Ground crosses, outside of the foot curling crosses, and personality given to clearances make moving the ball more satisfying and precise than ever.
- Explosive Movement — Change direction on and off the ball with purpose and get to space. Players are able to accelerate, decelerate, and change direction quickly on and off the ball, as well as make tight dribble turns and close touches on the ball while dribbling at pace.
- Set Piece Tactics — New tactics will have opponents fearing set pieces from the flank or during corner kicks. Using the D-pad players tell their teammates to make runs to the near post, far post, edge of the box, or have them crowd the keeper.
- adidas® Ball Physics — EA Sports and adidas partner to deliver the most realistic ball physics system on X360 and PS3. Taking physics data from the adidas Innovation Lab in Herzogenaurach, Germany, EA Sports FIFA development team implemented it in EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil to give the Brazuca and other adidas balls true-to-life flight and grass friction in the game.
- New Penalty Kicks— Feel the drama of FIFA World Cup penalty kicks with new save animations and a shot tuning that puts players in control of their nation’s fate. Penalty Kicks in the run of play now have players on the edge of the box and ready to rush at spilled shots. Also, distract the kick-taker by using Goalkeeper Antics to throw them off using a series of animations including wobbly-knees, matador, and shoot-it-there animations.
- Over-the-Back Headers — Jump over your opponent’s back to win the possession battle and head the ball. In one example – defenders can now jump over the back of a holding attacker to clear the ball to safety.
- adidas micoach Training – Complete adidas micoach training sessions to boost in-game attributes for individual players on your team. Choose from six different attribute boosts and 18 different drills to improve your players’ performance during the tournament.
More articles about 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil