Children of Liberty is a classic 2D platformer with a stealthy twist. Players select one of four distinct characters and sneak their way in and around Colonial Boston, climbing buildings, hiding in shadows, knocking out Redcoats, ducking into alleyways, and living out the events surrounding the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere.
Players have various tools at their disposal depending on the character they play, including Toy Swords, Grappling Yoyos, and Smoke Bombs. COL places a heavy emphasis on stealth-based gameplay, allowing the player to hide in shadows and pop out when the time is right; meanwhile remaining true to the core of classic 2D platformers like Pitfall and Mega Man, but in a fully realized and navigatable 3D world.
Children of Liberty’s voice cast ensemble includes Ashly Burch (“Borderlands 2,” “Hey Ash Whatcha Playin'?”) as Sarah; Sarah Elmaleh (“Skulls of the Shogun,” “Gone Home”) as Ally, Margaret Gage, and others; Sean Chiplock (“Dust: An Elysian Tail,” “Freedom Planet”) as Doug and William Dawes; and Chris Rando (“Dance Central 3,” “Codename Cygnus”) as Joseph, the Lieutenant, and others. In addition, the game includes Ed Mace (“Heroes of Newerth,” “Tiny Thief”) as Samuel Adams; Chris Ciulla (“Fallout: New Vegas,” “Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy”) as Benjamin Church and others; Cyrus Nemati (“Quest for Infamy”) as Royal Governor Thomas Gage; Billy Nichols (Structure Gaming) as Samuel Prescott; and Geoffrey Campbell (Captain of the New England Patriots Endzone Militia) as Paul Revere.
“The talented team at Reactive Studios helped us bring the characters in Children of Liberty to life, in a way we never could have done alone,” said Dan Silvers, game designer on Children of Liberty. “This cast has surpassed our wildest dreams in terms of everything they brought to the table. We can’t wait for you to hear them in action.”
Ashly Burch plays Sarah Ward, the dark and deadly Colonial Ninja; Sarah Elmaleh plays Ally Baker, a stern caretaker and freerunner; Chris Rando plays Joseph, an athletic, bratty warrior; and Sean Chiplock plays Doug, a burly tank and lovable stutterer. They are joined by Geoffrey Campbell as Paul Revere, a silversmith, messenger, and figurehead of the Patriots; Ed Mace as Samuel Adams, a wise politician and leader of the Sons of Liberty; and Cyrus Nemati as Thomas Gage, the Royal Governor as Massachusetts Bay and an expert swordsman.
- Classic, fast paced, 2D platforming in a 3D environment.
- Stealth mechanics like hiding and Takedowns let you turn the tide of battle and remain unseen.
- Traditional animation for the 21st century: Beautifully rendered, high resolution, hand drawn sprites combine seamlessly with the Unity engine's real-time lighting and shadow capabilities to create an unparalleled visual aesthetic.
- Four distinct playable characters, including Joseph, a classic platforming hero with a Double Jump and a Toy Sword; Ally, a free-running gymnast with a knack for Slides, Kicks, and Wall Runs; Doug, a burly tank who's not afraid to shake the ground or Tackle Redcoats; and Sarah, an adorable but deadly Colonial Ninja.
- Meet historical figures key to the birth of America, including Samuel Adams, John Hancock, Margaret Gage, and Paul Revere.
More articles about Children of Liberty