The game will feature huge persistent worlds that each support thousands of other players and varied terrain inspired by the environments of EQN. Most importantly, Landmark will provide anyone who wants to participate with the opportunity to actually build structures, and eventually create other types of content, to be considered for inclusion in EQN.
Whereas EverQuest Next uses a multi-classing system in which players collect and independently progress as many as 40 individual classes, EQ Landmark will have only one class - the Adventurer - which switches roles by switching weapons. A player might choose a sword and board to melee, and swap out to a staff for ranged DPS.
Landmark will enable players to:
Create Amazing Things
- Build highly detailed structures with powerful and intuitive tools.
- Quickly design complex projects or collaborate with friends to undertake massive shared builds.
- Lay claim to and control specific areas of huge persistent worlds.
Share Your Imagination with Friends
- Landmark's persistent servers will enable players to interact with and experience the collective imagination of thousands of players in a unique shared world.
- Players will have compelling reasons to explore and interact with others. They will congregate at crafting hubs, build design templates to share and trade, and journey across the world to collect the resources required to build and craft.
Build EQN with SOE -- Using the Same Tools
- Landmark players will gain increasing access to many of the same tools that SOE is using to construct the game world of EQN.
- Not only will Landmark give players access to these world building tools, SOE will provide specific guidance on what we want help building.
- Through this collaborative approach, EQN may eventually represent the largest overall collaborative development effort in the history of online games. For anyone who has ever thought about becoming a game developer, here is your chance. Together we will build extraordinary things
More articles about EverQuest Next Landmark