You'll travel through Deep Space as a Captain of your Destiny and land on many Planets and Moons that are filled up with fascinating creatures including long lost Dinosaurs. Create your very own unique experience with Character Creation, Armor Customization and choose between Multiple Classes and warring Factions. You can be anyone and play any way you want alongside your very own Robot Companion who will look out for you and help you discover the secrets and mysteries to unlock and Conquer the Galaxy!
Spiral Game Studios has launched a kickstarter campaign looking for $200,000 to finish development on The Orion Project, with a slew of stretch goals adding more planets, player housing, mod tools, PvP, base building and plenty more.
Featuring massive Home worlds, Planets, Moons, Space Stations and Faction Cities and Hubs. Powered by a custom version of Unreal Engine 3 we are going to deliver Homeworlds which are the largest at roughly 20 square miles.
Planets are the second largest at around 4-5 square miles. Moons are the third largest at around 2 square miles in total size and Space stations are the fourth largest at roughly 1 square mile in size.
Go where you want, when you want. Explore new planets, moons, and space stations as they are regularly added to the game. Travel alone or form together with friends and strangers.
Danger can strike at any moment when wild Dinosaurs are lingering about. Environmental and Weather Hazards can add to the difficulty of staying alive with Dynamic Weather Systems and Real-Time Time-of-Day Systems including sand storms, snow storms, heavy rain, heavy snow - with more to be added over time.
From there take it even further with Persistence 2.0. A fully dynamic, choice-based Persistence system which is unique to each of your Characters.
Your Companions will also feature fully unique Persistence System with their own upgrades and choice-based progression.
The combat featured in The Orion Project will be real-time, competitive and skill-based which can be evolved and enhanced by Augmentations.
The Orion Project will be launching the game with a variety of weapons, armor sets and loot-types. This will allow players to fully customize their gaming experience and what will be included with it all the way down to your weapons, items and kits.
Have access to state-of-the-art weaponry.• New weapons and gear will be constantly added to the game via regular, consistent game updates.
Vehicles and Vehicle Combat are a post-release feature that will be added after the games initial launch opening up the experience to new heights (and speeds).
- Open World Gameplay lets you choose how you want to play. Join a faction and participate in the war or remain a Smuggler or Space Pirate and answer to no one.
- Interactive A.I lets you never have the same experience twice. Dinosaurs will react to other dinosaurs differently than it will towards a character or a Droid.
- Have your own personal Droid who can help you attack enemies, find loot, scout objectives, store loot as well as revive you if injured.
- Completely customize your characters. Each player will have access to creating 5 characters based on a Class archetype. You will be able to choose Gender, Base Colors, Armor Colors, Visor Tint, Decals, Tags and ID Branding.
- Upgrade everything via persistence. Learn new skills for your characters, upgrade your Droid, improve your Spaceship.
- Explore Orion, a massive homeworld which will launch with roughly a 4 square mile district including 4 regions: Desert, Jungle, Grasslands, Arctic.
More articles about The Orion Project