It is the second decade of the 21st century. A deadly global pandemic threatens to destroy the human race entirely, replacing them with hordes of shambling undead. You and your team of travelers are the only survivors of your recently destroyed fortress. You must navigate your anti-zombie vehicle across what was once the American Midwest to find a safe haven.
Players must balance their resources throughout their journey through the zombie-infested wilderness with a touch-control interface. These resources include fuel, food reserves, ammunition, and medical supplies. Players have full control over their journey: travel speed, food rations, party health, and morale. Players use scavenged parts to fix their vehicle and medicine to cure illnesses. Throughout their journey, players encounter hazards such as nasty weather, zombie hordes, biker gangs, and other unexpected surprises!
Zombies, and manage their inventory. Players have a limited time to loot and return to their vehicle before the horde attacks! If players carry too much, they will slow down and be easy lunch for the walking dead.
Pie For Breakfast Studios has launched a kickstarter campaign looking for $50,000 to fund the development of Dead Man's Trail.
Unlike older Oregon Trail-based games, where the player character had a role at the start and the rest of the party were inactive, each character in the party has their own special skills. These roles include nurse, mechanic, melee weapon expert, and firearm expert. These will come in handy as the player progresses through the game - nurses prevent disease, mechanics fix your vehicle, weapon experts fight better in looting areas.
Player characters each have their own individual health. A weak party member is more susceptible to zombie attacks. This affects their performance in looting mode - forcing them to carry fewer supplies.
Bullets are the only currency that matters in the world of Dead Man's Trail so they are traded like money. Players will barter resources for better ones but must weigh their shopping needs against their needs in the field… leading to the challenging question: bullets or beans?
- Choose your vehicle: the nimble 4-Wheel Rocket, the balanced Grave Digger school bus, and the powerful Ark tractor-trailer.
- Keep your team of travelers healthy and happy. Each has their own job that will help the party along their journey: firearm expert, melee expert, paramedic, and mechanic. Lose one and you'll be limping down the road!
- Loot randomly generated 3D cities for supplies and weapons. Get in and out quickly or you will face the horde (and maybe join them.)
- A vast arsenal of weapons including revolvers, tactical shotguns, field hockey sticks and katanas will enable your players to survive and thwack Zombies!
- Artwork and easy-to-use interface designed by experienced game developers.
- Keep your senses about you and your ear to the ground: Ambient sound changes when you're being hunted.
More articles about Dead Man's Trail