Starpoint Gemini 2 will take players back into Gemini star system, just a few years after Starpoint wormhole has been reopened. Forces of the Earth Empire rushed into Gemini once again, but their strange behavior and appearance of unknown secret factions from Imperial mainspace suggests that something more important is taking place behind the scene, something larger than the Empire, their conquest and perhaps even larger than Gemini itself...
Starpoint Gemini 2 takes the best parts of the original game and elevates them to a significantly higher level.
Besides dramatically improved graphics, LGM team has adopted many of suggestions from our fans. Players will now enjoy full 3D environment, complete freedom in selecting an individual path to victory, more direct combat controls and streaming engine that eliminates all loading points. All the changes that are introduced will create a much more convincing feeling of controlling a starship of truly epic size and power. Once your technological avatar has been obtained and customized, you can embark on a journey to acquire wealth and influence by trade, research and peace...or simply strike your enemies with deadly force in a way that guarantees your fame.
Starpoint Gemini 2’s Beta update offers fans the ability to chance traveling through the new, powerful and dangerous wormholes, mount T-drives to their custom ships for instant travel, hear new music tracks and special effects, experience local events and brutally heavy cannon blasts with a new shaky camera, amongst other additions.
Starpoint Gemini 2 Beta Features:
- Wormholes – Free of charge, Wormholes are a one-way superfast travel method, but due to instability they are very dangerous and can result in damage or major catastrophe. Very popular way of travel among bandits and pirates.
- Classy Choices – Players can now choose their player class at the start of a game.
- Faster – By adding newer models, the game’s load times are much faster.
- T- Drive – Personal device for instant travel that can be mounted to any ship.
- New Music – New tracks and SFX have been added to create a wider variety of moods and atmosphere.
- Events – Local events that will feed the live news reels were added.
- Balancing – A first balancing run has been done on the ship systems and equipment pricing
- Explore the entire game world as a whole, rather than individual "cut-out" maps
- Continuouse universe divided into regions that provide special visual and gameplay experience
- Dynamic real-time combat
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system (skills, perks, achievements)
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and Riftways to travel around the system faster
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power-struggle
- Direct ship controls in full 3D environment create complete immersion
- Large arsenal of destructive weapons for blasting enemies to pieces
- Random missions generated depending on player's actions and allegiances
- Over 100 commodities to trade or plunder
- User-friendly interface centered on context menus
- Over 50 unique ships fully upgradeable with various ship systems and equipment
- Special licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you in your travels and share your fate
- Employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical)
- Visible turrets reflect how you upgrade your ship
- Modding Tools (Level, Material, Particle and Beam editor)
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
More articles about Starpoint Gemini 2