The citizens of Suburbia City were caught totally unprepared for the Martian invasion! Harnessing the mystical power of Monster Tokens, evil extraterrestrials sucked all of the town’s adult inhabitants into the Void, paving the way for the Invasion’s second phase, a new Monster onslaught intended to weaken the Earth’s remaining defenses. What these atrocious aliens didn’t reckon on, however, was the Monster Tokens’ inability to affect anyone under 18.
Saved from another hellish day at High School (“Go Wildcats!”), our four heroes —Zack Fowler (the Nerd), Andy Gomez (the Skater dude), Jennifer Sweeney (the Cheerleader), and Carrie Rosenberg (the Goth) — are on a mission to beat back this insidious invasion, block by block, and then take the fight to the enemy’s mother ship and beyond. It’s time to team up, gear out, craft some weapons, and get hunting!
Monster Madness Online features 4-player co-op campaign missions, survival mode, and competitive PvP with 16 player battlegrounds. The game offers deep customization options, enabling gamers to create truly distinct characters then upgrade them with weapons and gear, customize their character classes, and allow them to train pets which will assist in combat.
“Giving players super early access to the game lets the community be directly involved in the development of Monster Madness Online,” said Jeremy Stieglitz, director at Nom Nom Games. “Fans can have input into features they would like to see in the final game.”
In development for seamless cross-platform gameplay across PC, Mac, Android, Linux, iOS and web browser, the Monster Madness Online Alpha 1 public testing update incorporates the following new content and features:
- “The Diremarsh” Survival Map - This level emphasizes non-linear exploration. Venture through this monster-infested magical forest to discover and conquer the evil that lies within!
- Six New Enemy Types – The forces of evil have grown stronger joined by Miss Hiss, Headless Priest, Harpies, Evil Trees, Big Foot, and Skeletons.
- The Grim Reaper – This wicked boss joins the fight as players attempt to escape from the crumbling ruins below the center of The Diremarsh! Can you defeat him and his immortal Army of the Dead before they pull you into the Underworld?
- The Great Cat Hunt Story Mission - Travel all throughout Downtown Suburbia City and rescue Granny's cats from numerous challenging predicaments. Bring her precious kitties back to her for a special reward.
- The Boomerang and Soda Grenade Launcher Weapons - The Boomerang, a powerful unlimited-ammo ranged weapon which lets you multi-target enemies and take them all down with a single throw! And the Soda Grenade Launcher, a cluster bomb launcher of fizzy soda pop cans useful for crowd control.
- Three New Abilities - Flash Heal: Instantly burst-heals all players for a flat amount over a small area of effect. Cat Scratch Fever: Unleashes Feline fury, dramatically increasing your melee attack damage, attack speed, and movement speed. Invisibility Cloak: Renders you completely invisible to all enemies but slows your movement down to "sneaking speed".
- “The Conscience” Pet - Composed of both an Angel and a Devil hovering over your shoulder -- you can dynamically pick which one is active to use a different enhancement, for good or evil.
- Lots of New Cosmetics - Hilarious new costumes, expressions, and accessory skins await!
More articles about Monster Madness Online