Utilizing cutting edge volume lighting effects, parallax mapping, vector based motion blur, screen based real time reflections and physical materials our team has pushed Unity 4 to produce some of the most striking visuals ever made with this engine.
Our backgrounds in film visual effects and animation on projects such as ‘Tron: Legacy’, ‘The Amazing Spiderman 2’, and the ‘Twilight’ films have allowed us to utilize realtime technology to deliver a realistic looking and harrowing vision of horror, featuring some of the most believable and life like creatures you’ve ever seen in a video game.
We are also excited to officially announce our alpha price point, releasing on steam the 22nd of May, 2014 The Forest will be available for $14.99
- The world: Enter a living, breathing forest with changing weather patterns, plants that grow and die. Tides that roll in and out with the day/night cycle. Below ground explore a vast network of caves and underground lakes.
- Complete player freedom: Chop down trees to build a camp, or start a fire to keep warm. Scavenge food to keep yourself from starving. Find and plant seeds to grow food. Build a small shelter or a large ocean side fortress. decorate your home with found items. Lay traps and defenses to keep a safe perimeter.
- Gameplay: Explore and build during the day. Defend your base at night. Craft weapons and tools.Bunker down during the evening or bring the fight directly to the enemy.
- Fight or Hide: Use stealth to evade enemies, or engage them directly with crude weapons built from sticks and stones.
- A new type of open world, survival horror experience: Defend yourself against a clan of genetic mutant enemies that have beliefs, families, morals and that appear almost human.
- Full VR experience: Support for the Oculus Rift VR headset for the most immersive experience possible.
More articles about The Forest