You play as a young boy with a heavy burden unknowingly forced upon him - to fulfill the task set by his ancestor of ending a great evil. To do so you will explore an island with many unique environments, meet new spirit companions, raise monsters from eggs to fight alongside you, gather resources for building and crafting - all while facing an assortment of beneficial or dangerous (both random and planned) challenges.
The game will appeal to 90's gamers who are fans of the RPG genre. It's currently in early development with a kickstarter running to raise funds ($20,000) for it's completion, as well as a slew of stretch goals.
The game will:
- be heavily plot driven
- be directed towards 90's gamers
- contain a mix of light-hearted/funny and dark themes
- feature many puzzles and mini games.
- be stuffed full of random events, rewards, character mysteries and easter eggs.
- feature a creature growing system where you raise monsters from eggs and evolve them.
- feature a multi evolution path where your fighting style determines the direction your creature evolves.
- feature a farming system for growing food for survival, battle buffs or quests
- feature a fully-animated classic side view turn based battle system with an active motion camera.
- feature an original sound track written by Matt Beer and Jeremy Allred
- be open to suggestions to include things our players want!
More articles about Toby's Island