For the first time ever, players will be able to square off against opponents from around the world with their favorite SoulCalibur II characters such as Ivy, Taki, Mitsurugi, Talim, Maxi and more. Fans will also be pleased as the two legendary heroes, Spawn and Heihachi, originally exclusive guest characters for each platform, will be for the first time ever playable on both platforms.
The online infrastructure features brand new netcode and will also come with the multitude of modes found in the original release including: Arcade, Survival, VS Battle, Time Attack, Survival, Team Battle, Practice and Weapon Master.
Namco Bandai Games has released a new patch in order to make the Online gaming experience even better:
- Online Matching Service Improvements
- Improved Matching Filters (Search an opponent by region)
- Online matching search settings are now saved until the console is rebooted
- Rematch option can now be chosen during Online Free Match Mode
- Communication quality meter is now displayed next to opponent’s ID
- Bug fixes
- Cervantes crash bug has been fixed
- Fixed bugs on several characters
SoulCalibur II HD Online is available for download on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.
More articles about SoulCalibur II HD Online