In The Red Solstice you control one of eight space marines trying to find out what happened to human colonies on Mars during a huge storm known as “the Red Solstice”. The mix of a dark and gritty science fiction setting and addictive, adrenaline-filled gameplay – based on both advanced tactics and quick decisions – forges the game’s unforgettable atmosphere and creates a great gameplay experience.
The game is played in roughly hour-long gameplay sessions, during which players need to scavenge for supplies, find and fortify their base and then defend it from an almost infinite number of monsters while evacuating survivors. An experience-based character development system and the ability to upgrade your space marines’ equipment during a battle is another fundamental part of the gameplay.
The Red Solstice Kickstarter campaign is still ongoing for the next 46 hours but the game has already reached the 50,000 USD funding goal. This guarantees that the game will be finished, polished and a huge sandworm battle will be added.
The next stretch goal - 75,000 USD - adding new game modes is still possible to reach if gamers keep supporting the title before the campaign ends on April 20th 10:31 a.m. CET / 01:31 a.m. PST.
- 8 player co-op multiplayer
- Adrenaline filled and quick tactics focused gameplay
- 8 different classes that guarantee a radically different gameplay experience
- Experience based character advancement system
- Set on Mars during the huge storm called “the Red Solstice”
- Dark and gritty survival sci-fi story and setting
- Fight unending hordes of monsters during ~1 hour gaming sessions
- Scavenge for supplies, fortify the base, defend, evacuate
- Challenging Boss Fights
More articles about The Red Solstice