You play as mercenary pilots who constantly improve and customize their gunships between battles. Completing a match earns you credits according to your performance, which are used to purchase increasingly powerful and exotic parts.
There are 4 playable species in GoD Factory: the ruthless Humans, the wise Guantris, the gigantic Chorions and the unnatural Ar. They each have unique ship designs, both visually and gameplay-wise. Players choose and start with two of those species and can unlock the other two during the course of their career.
- To win a match, you and your team must wreck the enemy Carrier's components. Each one that your team destroys cripples the enemy players in unique ways; wrecking their Carrier's Radar reduces their detection range, for example. Which Carrier parts your team destroys, as well as the destruction order, is one of the most important parts of the game.
- Team play is your most powerful weapon. Taking down the massive carriers or finishing off an isolated enemy player requires concerted effort. Well organized teams can even trigger powerful elemental combos on their targets by firing complementary weapons.
- Gunships come equipped with a great number of special abilities. Ranging from teleportation to the creation of holographic decoys, GoD Factory offers a deep tactical gameplay that's light-years beyond simply firing your weapons until the target explodes.
- Uniquely to GoD Factory, you do not bring a single machine to the battlefield. Rather you build and use two gunships in each match. Each gunship is made from 12 different category of parts, so a player chooses 24 different parts to bring to a match. In addition, players can borrow their teammates' gunships and try different builds.
- With over 1000 different gunship parts, you can precisely tailor your ships to your playstyle and to your team's strategy. Buying a part belonging to one species may unlock it for other species, letting the player mix and match a variety of normally separate parts. A player can also customize the colors his ship with a high degree of control.
- GoD Factory allows players with special hardware to have an even more immersive experience. A first person cockpit view is available to all players, but is particularly enjoyable with the Oculus Rift. The game also support a wide variety of gamepads and controls schemes.
GoD Factory: Wingmen will be available as digital download.
More articles about GoD Factory: Wingmen