Nether forces players to make quick life-saving decisions in an unforgiving environment.
In this post-apocalyptic urban world, death is waiting around every corner, at the top of high-rise buildings, and in the grasp of powerful teleporting creatures known as nethers. To navigate this high-tension environment, players must use skill and cunning in order to obtain food, weapons, supplies, and other resources necessary to survive in a desolate and dangerous city. Players will need to choose whether or not to team up with others or go at it solo against the nethers, other players, and unpredictable, treacherous world objectives. In the end, players must decide if they will Prey or Pray.
With a catastrophic event having eradicated the former governments of the world in the first-person urban survival game Nether, many sought refuge from the city’s many dangers by forming new tribal allegiances. Today, Nether Productions announces that these tribes can now compete for control of the city by capturing strategic buildings to reap resources and prove their dominance. Along with 10 buildings players can capture to gain advantage over foes, Nether territory wars features bases as well as special tribe objectives and a skill tree.
Players do not need to join a tribe to enjoy Nether’s fast-paced action and survival challenges, and those looking to join a tribe must first go through an initiation process before teaming up with other players.
To celebrate the launch of territory wars, Nether has added:
- Wastelands: The Map has doubled in size! The barricades are down and a new section of Burnham is ripe for the taking! Be among the first to reap the unfound rewards of the Wasteland!
- Playable Female Character – The future of humanity is secure! Females are now playable in Nether!
- Expanded Loot System: The scavenging and loot system are revamped to make surviving more intuitive, meaning no more finding a bag of chips sitting on a subway floor. Looted objects now take player stats into account to help new players find better loot more often and freshly looted areas now have open and empty states to show players where loot was previously.
- Golden Chests: With strong scavenging skills players can find the golden chests scattered throughout the map. These chests contain special goodies and they can only be unlocked with a skeleton key, which is purchasable at any market. Survivalists do not drop chest keys on death.
- Underwear Uniform: Combatants can intimidate their enemies Celtic-style by fighting in nothing but their underwear.
- Riot Shield: Everyone knows cover is for chumps! Grab the riot shield and charge head on!
- Custom Taunts: Customize your character's personality with unique animations, and open the up role-playing possibilities with taunts!
- Safe Spawning – Players can now choose whether they spawn in a randomly chosen Safe Zone or in a chance spot in the world.
- Tutorials: Learn all there is to know about Nether! Every first time user will have a helpful, but optional tutorial that will teach all of the features of the game.
- Waypoints: Players can avoid opening their map to track movements and can now place a waypoint and follow their HUD for uninterrupted travel.
“By adding territory wars, Nether expands upon the survival genre by offering players more gameplay options than just scavenging, fighting creatures and fellow survivalists, and crafting,” said Chip Sineni, Creative Director at Phosphor Games. “Tribe battles will give combatants a whole new bevy of challenges and strategies in order to maintain control of strongholds and navigate the tumultuous world safely.”
More articles about Nether: Resurrected