As investigative journalist Miles Upshur, explore Mount Massive Asylum and try to survive long enough to discover its terrible secret... if you dare.
In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy… until now.
Acting on a tip from an anonymous source, independent journalist Miles Upshur breaks into the facility, and what he discovers walks a terrifying line between science and religion, nature and something else entirely. Once inside, his only hope of escape lies with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.
Taking gamers back to Mount Massive Asylum, Outlast: Whistleblower will again challenge their sense of safety and comfort as they encounter firsthand the corporate conspiracies and deranged experiments that led to the blood-soaked halls original protagonist Miles Upshur faced.
Outlast: Whistleblower follows the story of Waylon Park, the software engineer under contract with the Murkoff Corporation who emails journalists around the world - including Miles Upshur - at the beginning of Outlast.
Players meet Waylon a few weeks into his time at Mount Massive, during which he has been unable to even contact his wife and son thanks to strict security protocols. Having developed a deep-seated distrust of the profit-motivated scientists and doctors leading dangerous and irresponsible experiments on their patients, Waylon ends up setting events in motion that lead to the unmasking of Mount Massive's rotten core.
Whistleblower starts the story that led to Outlast, and stretches past the events of the first game to show the true final chapter in the story of Mount Massive Asylum.
The Outlast Whistleblower DLC will be available May 6, 2014 (May 7 for Europe PS4) for $8.99.
Outlast is a true survival horror experience which aims to show that the most terrifying monsters of all come from the human mind.
- True Survival Horror Experience: You are no fighter - if you want to survive the horrors of the asylum, your only chance is to run... or hide
- Immersive Graphics: AAA-quality graphics give players a detailed, terrifying world to explore
- Hide and Sneak: Stealth-based gameplay, with parkour-inspired platforming elements
- Unpredictable Enemies: Players cannot know when - and from where - one of the asylum’s terrifying inhabitants will finally catch up to them
- Real Horror: Outlast’s setting and characters are inspired by real asylums and cases of criminal insanity
More articles about Outlast