In The Red Solstice you control one of eight space marines trying to find out what happened to human colonies on Mars during a huge storm known as “the Red Solstice”. The mix of a dark and gritty science fiction setting and addictive, adrenaline-filled gameplay – based on both advanced tactics and quick decisions – forges the game’s unforgettable atmosphere and creates a great gameplay experience.
The game is played in roughly hour-long gameplay sessions, during which players need to scavenge for supplies, find and fortify their base and then defend it from an almost infinite number of monsters while evacuating survivors. An experience-based character development system and the ability to upgrade your space marines’ equipment during a battle is another fundamental part of the gameplay.
With most of the development having been financed by the studio itself, the Kickstarter campaign for The Red Solstice is the final stepping stone needed to finish the game. Developers are seeking only $50,000 in funding to be able to polish the game from its alpha status up to the release version and add more content. The studio has ambitions to add an epic single player campaign, support for Mac, Linux and iOS plus more gameplay modes and huge boss monsters - in case the campaign attracts enough backers to exceed the set amount.
- 8 player co-op multiplayer
- Adrenaline filled and quick tactics focused gameplay
- 8 different classes that guarantee a radically different gameplay experience
- Experience based character advancement system
- Set on Mars during the huge storm called “the Red Solstice”
- Dark and gritty survival sci-fi story and setting
- Fight unending hordes of monsters during ~1 hour gaming sessions
- Scavenge for supplies, fortify the base, defend, evacuate
- Challenging Boss Fights
More articles about The Red Solstice