In the future universe of Warside, players create their own elite soldier using a flexible character development system and take him in to online battle as part of a small tactical combat unit taking on other player led squads. Brutally fast and violent, the advanced RPG system brings a level of depth to the game that allows players to rely on their character’s unique stats and abilities as well as their own skill level in equal measure during the heat of combat.
Set across a variety of battle arenas including giant tree canopies, space stations, ancient ruins and secret labs, Warside actively encourages players to utilize the landscape around them and employ a variety of movement styles to gain a tactical advantage over enemy combatants. Combining different character classes and a wide variety of equipment on offer within your team will garner the best results.
Fans interested in Warside can support the developers on Steam Greenlight.
Set against a futuristic backdrop of three powerful rival factions attempting to dominate the galaxy, each with their own backgrounds and political ideologies, players choose their allegiance to one of the factions which will determine their starting planet within the game along with the equipment available to their character.
Once the faction has been determined in Warside players can then select one of four character types and from there one of five classes, with classes possessing their own preferred weapon types and gadgets. These choices of faction, character and class ensure a high level of customization is available to the player from the outset making their character feel distinct and unique to them on the battlefield.
- Galactic Commune: a communistic faction consisting mainly of industrial planets separated from the Empire after the revolution. Typically they fight for freedom and equality
- New Empire: the remnants of the old aristocratic families gathered by a young charismatic leader claiming to be the heir to the last Emperor. They fight to restore the Empire to its former glory
- Corporation Zetta: a company that evolved in to a giant conglomerate and become the dominant corporation in the galaxy. They fight for profit
THE CHARACTER TYPES
- Faceless: high starting Speed, low starting Attack. Double-jump ability and can hang on walls
- Guardian: High starting Armour, low starting Speed. Antigrav that allows him to float above the battlefield for a limited time
- Huntress: High starting Attack, low starting Armour. Dash ability allowing her to cover significant distances very quickly
- Mercenary: Balanced starting stats. Has a Jetpack. The most balanced and intuitive of the classes
- Defender: Tank class. High armour and defence. Preferred weapons: machine gun, handgun. Gadgets: stationary shield, extended shield
- Assault: Main damage class. High attack capabilities. Preferred weapons: assault rifles, melee. Gadgets: rocket, stationary turret
- Infiltrator: Damage class with some control abilities. Preferred weapons: sniper rifle, shotgun. Gadgets: poison dart, stunning trap
- Destroyer: Damage class focusing on area damage. Preferred weapons: rocket launcher, flamethrower. Gadgets: grenade, mine
- Medic: Healer class, specializing in keep teammates alive. Preferred weapons: charger, sub-machine gun. Gadgets: charging grenade, charging station
More articles about Warside