You play as a MAV pilot, fighting against an oppressive government trying to turn your home into a forced labor camp. You will be able to build your MAV, piece by piece, into the perfect weapon for your fighting style. You will need to use teamwork and a steady aim to fight against other MAV's to protect your home and take back the areas conquered by others.
Take part in a persistent war across the surface of Europa, fighting against other rebel factions and the Earth Defense Force. Join with your friends to create your own faction, capture territories through hard fought battles, spend resources to get new parts for your MAV and upgrade the defenses of your territories, and possibly deploy a game changing Mega Weapon.
Fans interested in backing Bombdog Studios' Modular Assault Vehicle (M.A.V.) project can get access to the game through Steam's Early Access program.
On October 7th, 2053 a large comet collided with Jupiter's moon, Europa. It caused the release of large amounts of Nitrogen and water vapor creating a new atmosphere. This event quickly elevates the moon into a suitable target for human colonization. The drive for setting up a permanent presence on Europa is further driven by the asteroid mining that is taking place in the solar system. A presence on Europa, with its vast resources and ample supply of water, would provide an ideal interplanetary 'gas station' for getting raw materials back to the growing population of Earth.
With the possibilities of vast sums of money to be made, and the allure of controlling the new resource, a new 'Gold Rush' mentality developed among the nations on Earth. Many nations quickly set up programs to make the journey to the new world, but required willing volunteers to do the actual mining. To recruit these volunteers, they presented this as a great opportunity to be a part of history and gain valuable riches for their families.
The standard offer to a volunteer was to offer a deal in which the nation would pay for your journey and equipment (basic mining vehicle, small house, and rations) and you would work for the nation to pay the debt off at 3 times the initial cost. This was told so the nation could continue to send new volunteers and to cover the cost of returning the mined goods to Earth. After the debt was paid off, you would be offered a very comfortable salary to continue mining for the nation. With the reported amount of riches, most miners would be able to pay their debt off in less than a year, and then would be able to make 20 - 50 times the salary they could have earned on Earth.
Many people saw the great opportunity this presented, and so they volunteered.
Since the journey is long and very expensive, special modular mining machines were developed and given to the settlers, so they could mine the most variety of materials without any additional equipment. Once materials are mined, giant railguns are then used to launch the mined materials into orbit, where they are collected and shipped back to earth.
For awhile, everything worked as planned. Slowly, the nations of earth began demanding more from the settlers. They started moving in military forces to help enforce their quotas and prevent anyone from trying to leave. The entire moon started to evolve into a forced labor camp, with the nations never releasing any of the volunteers from their contracts.
On April 22nd, 2078 the colony erupts in revolution. This is where M.A.V. begins.
- You can choose from thousands of parts across over 30 different categories to design and build your MAV, from the ground up, or pick from community shared designs.
- Fight in many different game modes, with the freeform Arena and Siege mode, to the single player story, or the persistent campaign mode.
- Experience intense mech combat, with realistic projectiles, physics based weapon recoil, individual part damage, and fantastic environments.
- In the campaign mode, build up your captured territories with additional defenses, place turrets to help fight off invaders, and hire and recruit AI rebels to fight alongside you. Changes you make on a territory level effect the battlefields and can change the balance of power.
- Full customization of your MAV, with millions of combinations possible, different paint jobs and camo patterns, along with decals, you will always be able to express yourself and be unique on the battlefield.
More articles about M.A.V.