I Shall Remain tells the story of two brothers and their intricate relation with the apocalyptic world rising in the leftovers of the Z0M81 Pandemic ravage. The presentation takes the form of an old movie recording where the player is invited to take the lead and discover the truth about the strange infection and the unexpected future of the human race.
I Shall Remain is a story driven game, uses a dynamic real-time Day/Night system to put everything in context, and a Weather system to enhance the mood and influence the way you play the game. Together with our Discussion/Dialog system and the way decisions are implemented define an important step towards being as realistically as possible.
I Shall Remain is currently available on Steam Early Access for $14.99
Current Early Access version of the game is Alpha and contains all features specified in the game description. We might not be using all to the full extent in the currently developed content but they are there nevertheless, testing and improving alongside all other game aspects.
I Shall Remain Early Access focuses on obtaining valuable game related feedback on features and implementation, at the same time allowing us to move faster with the product development. We are confident we will provide a better and more engaging experience with the help of the community and that the game will improve it in ways we would not expect to do so otherwise.
By choosing to support I Shall Remain in Early Access, you give us the chance to make it the game you want it to be; moreover you enjoy a 25% discount of the final release price by doing so.
- Weapons - We have multiple weapon types, from melee to small weapons, from rifles to heavy machine guns and even flamethrowers and bazooka
- Throwables - Aside weapons the player can throw grenades and plant mines for infected to step on and explode.
- Pickables and explosives - The player can also pickup certain objects like barrels, crates and even other NPCs to carry and help.
- Controllables - From time to time the game offers the player the possibility to enter tanks or other vehicles and use their weapons to defend himself or a larger area.
- Buildings - Many unique buildings throughout the city to explore, each you can use differently, find cover in or loot.
- Character progression - The player gains experience as a result of taking actions. Each action in game will award the player with experience points in attributes and skills.
- Doctrines - Doctrines enable your character to improve your attributes and skills or give you new abilities. Currently there's as much as 100 doctrines in the game.
- Economy - Serum is the center pylon of the game economy system and the exchange currency. Trade, train, buy.
- Quests - Like mostly everything in I Shall Remain, quests tend to resemble real-life scenarios thus everything is in to serve the purpose of the world and the story.
- Dialogs - The Discussion/dialog system in I Shall Remain is fully dependent on your choice thus drastically shaping the way your experience develops.
- Infection - The Virus is actually the main villain in the game. Everything happens because of it and you will have to deal with it on a daily basis.
- Tiredness - Tiredness determines how much fatigue your character gathered, increased levels of tiredness affecting your health and stamina regeneration rate
- Scavenging - Throughout the game there’s hundreds of places you can scavenge for resources,
- Repairing - Every weapon in the game has a wearing off factor which determines how much you can actually use it until it breaks.
- Teaming up - There are as many as 7 special Teammates you can take with you in your journey. Manage them, give them weapons, and choose their path.
More articles about I Shall Remain