Worms Battlegrounds features an extensive single player campaign spanning 25 story missions and 10 “Worm-Ops” time-attack missions, which are set across five stunning environments (Inca, Viking, Feudal Japan and Industrial Revolution) with new day-to-night lighting transitions. Multi-BAFTA award winning writer Dean Wilkinson provides the script for the single player story campaign, which is in turn brought to life by the talented Katherine Parkinson perhaps best known for playing Jen in The IT Crowd.
Multiplayer fans will be glad to know that there are both local and online multiplayer battles for up to four players! Choose from two different game modes: Deathmatch, Forts and Classic and either predefined or customized game settings.
Create your own clan and choose your own clan emblem or simply join another existing clan and take part in league matches! All of these earn you community points, which allow your clan to level up and grow larger.
the Landscape Editor allows you to create your own marvelous maps to play upon. Draw out your landscape, place any hazards (mines, barrels), physics objects and contraptions and then challenge your friends to a battle upon your own creation.
- 25 single player story missions
- 10 ‘Worm‐Ops’ time attack missions
- 5 environments: Inca, Viking, Feudal Japan, Industrial Revolution and Prehistoric with day to night lighting transitions
- Multiplayer Deathmatch and Fort modes with online and local multiplayer for up to four players
- Stunning graphics and gameplay running at 1080p 60fps
- Landscape editor
- Clan support including clan emblem editor
- 65 weapons and utilities including 10 outrageous new items: Mega Mortar, Gravedigger, Winged Monkey, Oxygen, Worm Charm, Bovine Blitz, Whoopsie Cushion, Teleport Gun, Aqua Pack and The Equalizer
- Physics based contraptions
- Over 200 individual customisation items for the worms
- DUALSHOCK wireless controller’s light bar dynamically changes colour depending on your worm’s scenario. Watch as the light car glows red for attacks and explosions, blue when your worm is submerged in dynamic water and green to indicate that your worm is poisoned (PS4 version only)
- Weapon Gestures. Assign up to four weapons for quick select using the DUALSHOCK wireless controller’s Touch Pad (PS4 version only)
- Companion website. Keep track of your stats on the go! (PS4 version only)
- SmartGlass companion app. Keep track of your stats on the go! (Xbox One version only)
Worms Battlegrounds will be available both via digital download and as a boxed copy at certain retailers, while PS4 fans in North America will have to wait a few extra days to download it through the PlayStation Store (June 3, 2014).
Worms Battlegrounds will be the among the first titles to be released under Microsoft’s self-publishing label ID@Xbox.
More articles about Worms Battlegrounds