As the lone survivor of a passenger jet crash, you find yourself in a mysterious forest battling to stay alive against a society of cannibalistic mutants.
Build, explore, survive in this terrifying first person survival horror simulator.
It’s been a long journey so far for all of us, but we’re really excited to have people join us in the next stage of development, where together we see how far we can take this concept.
Our aim for this first alpha is to release a platform we can build upon, adding more animals, more interactions, more emergent moments, polishing, improving, opening up new areas of the world and really make this into an unforgettable survival horror experience!
- The world: Enter a living, breathing forest with changing weather patterns, plants that grow and die. Tides that roll in and out with the day/night cycle. Below ground explore a vast network of caves and underground lakes.
- Complete player freedom: Chop down trees to build a camp, or start a fire to keep warm. Scavenge food to keep yourself from starving. Find and plant seeds to grow food. Build a small shelter or a large ocean side fortress. decorate your home with found items. Lay traps and defenses to keep a safe perimeter.
- Gameplay: Explore and build during the day. Defend your base at night. Craft weapons and tools.Bunker down during the evening or bring the fight directly to the enemy.
- Fight or Hide: Use stealth to evade enemies, or engage them directly with crude weapons built from sticks and stones.
- A new type of open world, survival horror experience: Defend yourself against a clan of genetic mutant enemies that have beliefs, families, morals and that appear almost human.
- Full VR experience: Support for the Oculus Rift VR headset for the most immersive experience possible.
More articles about The Forest