In the future universe of Warside, players create their own elite soldier using a flexible character development system and take him in to online battle as part of a small tactical combat unit taking on other player led squads. Brutally fast and violent, the advanced RPG system brings a level of depth to the game that allows players to rely on their character’s unique stats and abilities as well as their own skill level in equal measure during the heat of combat.
Set across a variety of battle arenas including giant tree canopies, space stations, ancient ruins and secret labs, Warside actively encourages players to utilize the landscape around them and employ a variety of movement styles to gain a tactical advantage over enemy combatants. Combining different character classes and a wide variety of equipment on offer within your team will garner the best results.
Set against a futuristic backdrop of three powerful rival factions attempting to dominate the galaxy, each with their own backgrounds and political ideologies, players choose their allegiance to one of the factions which will determine their starting planet within the game along with the equipment available to their character.
In Warside players can choose one of five classes, each with their own preferred weapon types and gadgets.
- Defender: Tank class. High armour and defence. Preferred weapons: machine gun, handgun. Gadgets: stationary shield, extended shield
- Assault: Main damage class. High attack capabilities. Preferred weapons: assault rifles, melee. Gadgets: rocket, stationary turret
- Infiltrator: Damage class with some control abilities. Preferred weapons: sniper rifle, shotgun. Gadgets: poison dart, stunning trap
- Destroyer: Damage class focusing on area damage. Preferred weapons: rocket launcher, flamethrower. Gadgets: grenade, mine
- Medic: Healer class, specializing in keep teammates alive. Preferred weapons: charger, sub-machine gun. Gadgets: charging grenade, charging station
Warside will launch with a variety of PvP and co-op battle modes to challenge players skill and teamwork to the limit:
- Team Death Match (PvP): two teams go head-to-head in an arena with the first to reach a certain number of kills winning
- Point Capture (PvP): a variation of ‘capture the flag’, several Control Points are scattered across a level with points earned by capturing and controlling them. The first team to reach a certain number of points wins the match
- Resource Gathering (PvP): boxes with various resources spawn randomly throughout different parts of the level. Locating them and returning them to your base earns points for your team with larger and rarer resources bringing more points but requiring teamwork to move
- Artifact (PvP): A single Artifact randomly spawns on the map with any player holding it earning points for their team. Their teammates must protect them in order to maximize the number of points earned while their opponents must work to relinquish the enemy player of the Artifact by any means necessary!
- Dungeon (co-op): teams must run a deadly gauntlet of rooms and areas filled with waves of enemies, automatic turrets, flying drones, traps, snipers and kamikaze drones to name but a few!
- Survival (co-op): hold an objective against relentless waves of enemies with each wave stronger than the one before it. With each wave survived the level of reward incrementally increases
More articles about Warside