Mario! Link! Samus! Pikachu! All of your favorite Nintendo characters are back, along with plenty of new faces, in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the next entry in the beloved Super Smash Bros. series. Up to four players can battle each other locally or online across beautifully designed stages inspired by classic Nintendo home console games. With a variety of control options and amiibo compatibility, the timeless Super Smash Bros. battles come alive.
The addition of the Namco Bandai icon brings together video game legends Mario, Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog and Pac-Man in one game for the first time.
In the Super Smash Bros. games, Pac-Man will generally maintain his humanoid shape, but when using specific attack moves, Pac-Man transforms into the iconic yellow round shape he had in his arcade debut in 1980. He also has trademark actions, such as throwing fruit or eating power pellets.
Super Smash Bros. developer Masahiro Sakurai also provided additional details on game features that were first introduced in the Nintendo Digital Event. Players can customize each character with 12 unique attacks and three kinds of equipment that have various offensive, defensive and speed-enhancing skills. Mii characters can be customized with martial arts, shooting or swordplay skills. Players can essentially create and customize any Mii character they want and set them fighting against classic video game characters or even one another.
Mr. Sakurai also discussed how players can engage in battle against their amiibo figures, team up with them in battles and customize their fighting characteristics. The figures learn from each encounter, adopting more sophisticated tactics with each level they gain – making them the next best thing to human opponents.
- Compete with classic players from the Super Smash Bros. series, along with new challengers like Mega Man, Little Mac or newly announced Palutena, the Goddess of Light from the Kid Icarus games. For the first time, players can even compete as their own Mii characters.
- Use a variety of control methods during the high-energy and action-filled battles, including Nintendo GameCube controllers – the longtime controller of choice for hard-core Super Smash Bros. players.
- Customize move sets when playing locally or online with friends.
- Connect with amiibo for added fun.
- Experience the beauty of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in stunning HD, a first for the series.
- Fight against friends and family locally or online, or battle random challengers from all over the world online in “For Fun” or “For Glory” modes.
More articles about Super Smash Bros.