Set in the same expansive universe of their classic Battlecruiser 3000AD, Universal Combat and All Aspect series , Line of Defense gives players a vast array of gameplay possibilities, as they craft character classes that suit their play styles and battle across land, water, air and space.
Line of Defense will make its debut on Steam Early Access in July as part of its public Beta testing program.
The first phase of Early Access will feature the Heatwave planetary starbase and the GCV-Starguard carrier in orbit around the Lyrius planet. New features and areas will frequently unlock as the testing phase progresses, including new levels, new vehicles, and new weapons leading up to the game's official release.
For such a massive game, this staggered release allows the team to focus on each aspect of the game during the public Beta testing. Meaningful feedback from the public will enable the team to address issues, concerns and gameplay suggestions in a timely fashion as each aspect of the game is unlocked and extensively tested.
Line of Defense will debut exclusively on Steam at $99.99 for the Early Access adopters, giving players access to the game as well as the Tactical Advancement Level IV ($69.99 value) kit (see the FAQ) which includes a variety of items. They will also have the choice of four Commander Perks that identify them as having participated in the Early Access program. This includes a medal, a special vehicle, as well as other perks. They will also be given a free copy of the recently released Line Of Defense Tactics companion game ($24.99 value).
Players will engage in combat as one of two opposing sides fighting for control of military bases across various continents on contested planets and space regions. As an infantry marine with access to various weapons of mass destruction, engage in frontlines combat using land and naval vehicles, as well as various aircrafts and gunships. Take the fight from planet to the regions of space above the contested planets as you fight for supremacy and for all that is good – or evil – in a massive game world.
Featuring twitched based pure PvP mayhem with various character progressions, classes, abilities and attributes, all set in a massive open persistent game world, experience the future of sci-fi warfare as you've never seen it before. Especially not of this scale and scope.
- Massive and persistent open world gameplay on continents, some of which are in excess of 16 sq. km.
- Breathtaking environments with each continent featuring unique topology, different climate zones, weather patterns, dynamic time of day etc.
- Skill based PvP combat on foot, in vehicles or in aircrafts.
- Character progression with various abilities which can be learned. Build the character class that you want depending on how you play. No fixed classes.
- A 100% persistent world (no instancing) with seamless space and planetary areas; all with ability to move from planetside starbases to stations in the space region above.
- Easily create fireteams (a.k.a guilds) with either human or NPC troops and from a few people to very large troops of varying skills and equipment.
- Build your own planetary base Forward Operating Base and use it as your player housing for yourself or your fireteam.
- Buy and own your own assets (weapons, vehicles, aircrafts etc) and with your own unique weapons customizations.
- More player assets than you can handle, most with advanced customization (e.g. infra-red night vision rifle scopes) and attributes.
- Hybrid business model which caters to both F2P and premium models; both with access to in-game monetization.
- Endless possibilities for future expansions are other areas of Lyrius and other planets in the region are colonized and opened up via game expansions.
- No pointless grind. No boring crafting. No inconsequential resource collection. Just pure war on a very – very – large scale.
More articles about Line Of Defense