A journey for light. A descent into darkness.
You are Aragami, a spirit of vengeance summoned by Yamiko, a mysterious girl imprisoned in a guarded fortress. As you come back to life, your souls are bound together, sealing your destinies. To achieve your goal you must engage in a dark journey through land and memories to destroy her prison seals.
As Aragami, you have the power of 'Shadow Control'. The darkness is your ally and the source of your strength. You have a diverse array of Shadow Powers at your disposal. As you advance you will need to sneak past guards, teleport between shadows, create your own areas of darkness and strategically assassinate your targets.
Lince Works has launched a kickstarter campaign looking for $70,000 to complete development of Twin Souls: The Path of Shadows.
Twin Souls reintroduces the concept of ‘3rd person ninja simulator’, a style of gameplay untapped for many years since the original Tenchu series. Compared to newer action games like Assassin’s Creed, Twin Souls wants to dismiss action mechanics in favor of stealth mechanics, the tension of being detected and the feeling of reward you get when finally beating a level without being noticed.
In Twin Souls you are outmatched, outnumbered and alone. You have no guns, amazing fencing skills or regenerating health. Your main weapon is your cunning, and darkness. You must plan ahead, survey your environment, make a tactical use of your shadows (your dark portals), and use them to assassinate your enemies from unsuspecting angles.
Twin Souls takes place in a world where humans have acquired the ability to manipulate the Elemental Powers: Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Light, Darkness and Life.
Humanity has turned Element manipulation into a discipline, building temples, schools and academies centered around the learning and mastery of each Element; these centers of knowledge are known as Brotherhoods. These are divided in 3 categories: Schools, where high level users gather to teach their secrets; Sects, congregations of followers and zealots of deities related to an Element; and Guilds, where arcane users sell their skills as a service.
The world shown before you is inhabited by warring Brotherhoods, supernatural beings and dangerous Element users. The places you visit bear the mark of forgotten glories and violent battles. You wake up with no memories of your past life, but as you get closer to your objective, you will discover familiar places and personal objects, each one sending echoes through your memories. As your twin souls bind tighter you'll uncover pieces of your past life and Yamiko's fate.
Twin Souls takes you through eerie graveyards, silent forests, a dead city and a decaying temple.You’ll have to sneak your way around these scenarios, assassinate your enemies from the shadows, fall on them from the heights or make them kill each other using fear tactics.
- Story driven single-player campaign - Besides having some awesome stealth mechanics and powers, we also want to deliver a solid single player campaign, with some memorable, characters and scenarios.
- Old School Stealth - Your enemies are lethal and direct confrontation is not an option. Survey the scenario, plan your approach and sneak around your enemies. Be the hunter, not the hunted.
- Stealth Kills - Assassinate your opponents from every possible angle. Stab them from behind, fall upon them from a roof or ceiling, jump out of a shadow on the wall, grab them as you climb a ledge, feed them to the shadows with your powers or even make them kill each other in panic.
- Choose Your Play-Style - Each situation has different possible approaches. Will you be the merciless emissary of death? Or maybe an undetectable ghost? Twin Souls won't force you to kill your enemies, nor will it penalize you for doing it. Both approaches to violence are valid.
- Shadow Powers - You have an array of Shadow Powers at your disposal. Create areas of darkness to get tactical advantage, use your Shadow Leap to move instantly between any two shadows, feed the bodies of your enemies to the shadows and leave no trace, summon a Shadow Clone to distract and confuse your enemies.
- Light Powers - Your foes are not helpless, they can manipulate light to create moving light sources, cast light barriers, shoot incendiary arrows, launch barrages of light from their weapons and imbue their armors with resplendent light.
- Scenario Playgrounds - Each scenario in Twin Souls is designed to enable different routes of approach.
- Verticality - Survey you hunting grounds from the heights; fall upon your enemies with full force.
- Replayability - Replay each scenario to improve your performance score. Depending on your play-style you will get different outcomes, which will affect the world of Twin Souls and the story events.
- Complex Storyline - Not everything in Twin Souls is as simple as it seems. The characters’ past interconnects in different timelines, and every step you take uncovers a bit more about them.
- Original Soundtrack - A complete and astonishing original soundtrack (and SFX) composed by Two Feathers studio.
- Controller Support - Support for Xbox360 controller and gamepads.
- Multiplatform -Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
More articles about Aragami