Starpoint Gemini 2 will take players back into Gemini star system, just a few years after Starpoint wormhole has been reopened. Forces of the Earth Empire rushed into Gemini once again, but their strange behavior and appearance of unknown secret factions from Imperial mainspace suggests that something more important is taking place behind the scene, something larger than the Empire, their conquest and perhaps even larger than Gemini itself...
Besides dramatically improved graphics, LGM team has adopted many of suggestions from our fans. Players will now enjoy full 3D environment, complete freedom in selecting an individual path to victory, more direct combat controls and streaming engine that eliminates all loading points. All the changes that are introduced will create a much more convincing feeling of controlling a starship of truly epic size and power. Once your technological avatar has been obtained and customized, you can embark on a journey to acquire wealth and influence by trade, research and peace...or simply strike your enemies with deadly force in a way that guarantees your fame.
The new update, full of many small but important upgrades, is another big stride towards fulfilling the game’s full potential at final release, later this summer. The update offers players more compelling and challenging gameplay than ever before.
Some update highlights are:
- FIXED: Player ship customization parameters are now properly saved and loaded
- ADDED: Ship explosions can now cause damage to nearby ships
- ADDED: Anomaly scanning can now cause a backfire in the form of a damaging blast
- ADDED: Heavy weapon projectiles – try to avoid collisions with obstacles
- ADDED: Heavy weapon explosions now have effective blast radius and damage with the accompanying visual effect
- UPDATED: Random ship spawning mechanics changed, to increase overall space traffic, but also allow more tweaks and variation
- UPDATED: It is now possible, to not survive passing through Wormholes
More articles about Starpoint Gemini 2