Set in a diesel-punk styled universe with dystopian, retro-futuristic styling, InSomnia takes place on a gargantuan, half-deserted space station 400 years in to its journey slowly making its way to an elusive planet known only as the Evacuation Point.
InSomnia takes place on a gargantuan, half-deserted space station known as The Ark that is slowly making its way toward an elusive planet known only as the Evacuation Point. The Ark is inhabited by the descendants of the Nomans, a race of people who escaped their home planet several centuries earlier when it had become uninhabitable due to a cataclysmic conflict between the Republic of Noma and the SORG Regime. Most of the station has been abandoned and is now colloquially known by its inhabitants as The Dump.
For the last 300 years, the Nomans have been living in the Manned Sector in fear of the SORG, the force that virtually wiped out Noman civilization. The only hope for the Nomans lies in the Evacuation Point, where they plan to start history again from scratch.
Players begin the game as a Noman with their character emerging from cryogenic sleep, trying to understand what happened on the Arc for the last twenty years as they meet other awakened colonists. Players are on a journey to the future, trying to understand the mistakes – and clues – from the past.
InSomnia - the post-apocalyptic RPG that enthralled gamers with its Art Deco-inspired setting - has returned to Kickstarter, looking for $70,000 to finish development of the game.
“InSomnia drops players into a dark, damp space station where competing factions battle for supremacy using any weapon or tactic they see fit,” says Anatoliy Guyduk, lead developer at Studio MONO. “We self-funded development and invested more than two years of our lives into InSomnia. Hopefully, what we have achieved so far will prove to potential backers that this is the real deal–and that InSomnia deserves their support on Kickstarter!”
- Play it your way: Backers will receive both DRM-free and Steam versions of the game.
- Go it alone or assemble a crew: Pick between being a lone wolf in single-player mode or going for co-op with friends and family.
- Fight in real time: Develop your character through tactical real-time combat—combining hundreds of skills and abilities.
- Catch the drift: InSomnia will support French, German, English, Spanish, Polish, and Russian.
- Prove your worth: Survive starvation, extreme weather, and serious injuries.
- Free your mind: Break free from leveling systems, character classes, and tedious grind.
- Embrace the unpredictable: Expect the unexpected with randomly-generated events and missions that keep things interesting.
- Experience the next chapter: Immerse yourself in rich storylines that are updated regularly. InSomnia will ship with 15-20 hours of main storyline plus 20-30 hours of side quests (first season/year). More than 20 free chapters are planned after release, with 3-6 hours of gameplay each.
- Solve the puzzle: Embark on non-linear quests and missions with several possible solutions.
More articles about InSomnia