This grand adventure will include hundreds of quests to take on a variety of extraordinary creatures that yield valuable resources used for weapons and equipment. Launching on Nintendo 3DS™, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate represents the biggest leap forward ever for the series with more new content and exciting features than ever before. Also, for the first time ever for the Monster Hunter series on a handheld system, players will be able to join up with friends over the internet via the Nintendo Network, as well as the previously available local wireless option.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will take players to new heights, literally, with the introduction of more vertical and lateral movement than ever. An expanded repertoire of actions will create more dynamic hunting experiences with fluid climbing motions and the ability to jump attack from walls or ledges. In addition, players will be able to ride atop a monster for a limited time as they hang on and deliver attacks. With the addition of two new weapon classes, challenging new monsters and numerous locales, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be the most robust hunting experience yet.
- Online Play – Connect with up to three other hunters online over the Nintendo Network for the first time ever, or local wireless, to join up and take down larger than life beasts.
- Two new weapon classes – The Insect Glaive is a long staff type weapon accompanied by a powerful flying insect which can be customized with various attributes; the Charge Blade is a hybrid that switches between a sword and shield or axe mode, with the ability to collect energy from attacks to charge up and unleash powerful attacks. The 12 previous weapon types have also been updated with modifications to moves or combos.
- More vertical environments – The action expands with more fluid climbing motions and the addition of jump attacks from walls or ledges.
- Virus effect – Monsters are even more threatening with a new feral effect which makes them stronger and more vicious than in their normal state.
- New gameplay mechanic – For the first time ever, hop on to monsters and hold on to deliver a burst of attacks.
- Dynamic terrain changes – Some monsters can cause the battlefield to shift during a fight, making even ground slant at an angle into a steep slope; if hunters are not careful, they could slide right out of the zone into the next area.
- Returning favorites and fresh challenges – With several brand new monsters such as the dark and menacing Gore Magala as well as hordes of returning favorites including the primal Tigrex, players have access to the largest roster of ferocious enemies than ever before.
- All new areas – Journey as a part of a traveling caravan and explore brand new locales and villages, each with its own unique look and feel.
- Epic gear – Hundreds of new items and equipment for players to craft and acquire, including all new rare and powerful G rank weapons and armor.
- Felyne Comrades – Felyne AI partners can be recruited on the journey and will feature in depth customization options of their own with armor, weapons and skills specific to them. • Nintendo 3DS touch screen features – Provides easy access to in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games, as well as the useful target lock option that auto-focuses on a main enemy.
- Exchange your information – Send and receive guild cards with fellow hunters via the Nintendo StreetPass™ function. • Hunters for hire – Use the local Nintendo 3DS search feature to search for other hunters nearby.
More articles about Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate