Discover an industrialized long lost world living in the shadow of the totalitarian state. Everyone should be regarded as a potential enemy, an informer, a criminal.
Amnesic and unaware of circumstances which brought you into this place, you begin your journey which should reveal the mystery. Moving through a peculiar world you'll have to kill in order to survive, to solve different puzzles and to learn when to be brave and when to hide.
Sand Sailor Studio intends to use the Steam Early Access to build a strong community around their game. They plan to involve each person that buys a copy in the development of the game by exchanging feedback and ideas.
“The Early Access path will bring us together with you, the actual gamers, and your invaluable feedback. The game will grow organically as we exchange ideas and I'm sure that we will end up with a more polished game and a stronger experience for everyone.” the game producer, Cristian Diaconescu, has declared.
Black the Fall is currently available on Steam Early Access for $7.19 (a 20% discount).
- The Natives: The social aspect of the communism inspired the way the Natives behave. They seem to be humans, in most ways just like you, but slightly different. As all the people that lived back then they are animated by suspicion, fear, uncertainty. Everyone should be regarded as a potential enemy, an informer, a criminal.
- The Machines: No one knows what they are and where they come from. Their soulless eyes always seem to spy on the living. Although the natives fear them, a strange symbiosis is at work.
- Puzzle solving: Even the puzzles are inspired by the old “good days”.You'll have to queue up, to conform, to use the system in order to solve them. Just remember that solving one problem may lead to another. Choose your path wisely as things are not always what they seem. Jump, slide, climb or hide to overcome obstacles. Discover how to operate the strange machines that dominate the landscape but beware of the outcome.
- Crafting: Explore every corner for you never know what you can find. Treasures may hide in dark secret places. Scavenge for resources as you can craft powerful weapons and special ammo.
- Weather system: Be wary of the clouds for they bring a strange vibe into the world. The Natives react differently to it. Some may hide in the ground and lay in wait, others may become feral. Don't believe that lighting doesn't strike twice in the same spot as nothing is natural about this place. Winter brings silence and peril as the black becomes white. Warming up becomes crucial, but you are not alone, as all things need fire to survive.
- Stealth: Use the environment to your advantage. Clever tactics allow you to pass, kill or avoid foes. When in need hide to escape. Make sure no one sees you when you do it.
- Combat: Enemies can be obliterated in a fun and brutal combat. Take aim carefully as a well placed bullet can save you. When fighting you can choose from a wide variety of weapons.
- Weapons: The loud ones inflict more damage but quickly reveal your presence. Silent takedowns are always an option when you don't want to leave a mark. Don't hesitate, if they escape you, others may be alerted. Clear your path using your trusty dynamite pack. If all hell breaks loose hold on to your gatling and don't stop shooting.
- Pet: When all alone you might want to build your own friend. It might come in handy when fighting or solving puzzles.
More articles about Black The Fall