In Gigantic, five players charge across a fantasy battleground alongside their guardian, a five-story-tall monster they’ve sworn to protect. Players start by choosing from a roster of unique heroes that fits their gameplay style, then aim, dodge and leap across the map until they defeat the enemy guardian. Every battle in Gigantic lets players earn rewards, unlock new heroes and fine-tune the gameplay to fit their style.
“The gameplay in Gigantic is about creating opportunities to be heroic,” said James Phinney, Vice President of Product Development. “Whether you’re rescuing an ally, sneaking behind enemy lines or facing off solo against a towering guardian, there are dramatic ways to turn the tide of battle.” Before coming to Motiga, Phinney was the lead designer of StarCraft and Guild Wars, both multi-platinum hit game franchises.
“Gigantic has been a labor of love by everyone at Motiga, and we are excited to share the game with everyone. We have been conducting small-scale public tests for the past few months and have been grateful for all the positive response from our testers,” said Chris Chung, Motiga CEO.
Motiga has been stealthily working on the game for two years and raised funding from some of the biggest names in the online game industry—SmileGate, NetEase and NeoWiz—to help make Gigantic.
KEY GAME FEATURES
- Choose Your Own Guardian. A mystical bond connects the players to their guardian, a magical behemoth too powerful for a single mortal to defeat. Each guardian has its own attacks and behaviors, and players must protect their guardian to win the battle.
- Level Up on the Fly. As the battle rages, players choose newer, stronger abilities and adapt to the changing battle. One player might learn to deflect projectiles as she rides a lightning bolt into battle, while another gains a fire attack that triggers whenever he leaps into the fray.
- Fantastic Visual Style. Players are at the heart of a vibrant fantasy world, where airships soar over ancient ruins and an empire is theirs for the taking.
- Easy to Learn, Difficult to Master. Familiar WASD controls are easy for new players to learn, but rapid-fire tactics and deep strategy keep the challenges fresh.
- Content Updates Deliver New Gameplay Experiences. Gigantic is a living game, with frequent content updates ensuring there’s always something new to master. And “freedom to play” means players can experience Gigantic without dropping a dime.
More articles about Gigantic